Fake Smiles and Big Dresses Chapter 2

Songs: Obey by Tiffany Hudson, Cry by Benson Boone

~ 2 Years Later ~

(bedroom)

(bedroom)

I stare at myself in the mirror. I can't believe what I look like everyday after my parents sold me. I look at myself everyday to see new a old bruises. The colors varying from purple and green to black and blue. I sigh. I'm never getting out of this merda. I think to myself. (shithole)

"Love~" I hear Ivan say.

I turn quickly to his attention, holding my hands in front of me obediently. He walks in wearing a black suit only used for balls. He comes up to me and grabs my face, kissing me roughly. We part and I smile at him.

"We're going to a ball. Ana will come to get you ready." I nod and he smiles. "Remember what you've been taught." he haunts before slapping my ass and leaving.

Minutes later Ana comes in with a big gown. She helps me put on the dress and heels as I look at myself in the mirror. Barely any words are spoken as she does my hair and makeup.

(the dress)

(the dress)

(makeup

(makeup

(hair style)

(hair style)

"You're done Miss Cilento." Ana says curtsying before leaving me alone. Alone... Everything is cold around me. As if I'm slowly dying and can't do a single thing about because even I don't know.

I stand from my chair at the mirror and walk down the big stairs. Ivan smiles as if he's the luckiest man and holds out his hand for me to take. I take his hand hesitantly and he guides me to the to car. As we sit in the car in silence, I look up to see Ivan on his phone. I swallow nervous and build to confidence to talk.

"May I ask a question, sir?" I ask.

Ivan looks up from his phone and my confidence instantly fades. He always makes me feel as if I'll be beat as soon as I speak.

"Go on." he replies. I look up at him shocked. "Well?" he says impatiently. I look down quickly before speaking but he grabs my face so I'm looking at him. "If you're going to talk, fucking look at me while you do. Or do I have to teach you a lesson when we get back?" He growls.

My eyes widen in fear. "N-no sir. I'm so-sorry sir." I stutter frantically.

He lets go of my chin and waits. "Who's hosting the party? If I may ask."

"Those damn Verde Italians." He hisses, clenching his fist.

The Verdes or Lo Verdes. They are the most powerful mafia of Italy and practically the world. Kian Lo Verde and Theon Lo Verde are their only two sons, but unfortunately for Theon he's younger so Kian is already the heir and with become the Don when he finds a fiancé. Even though I have never seen him in person, I've seen quick pictures of him and he very handsome. From what I've seen he's a man made of all muscle and has longer, black hair. I've never seen his eyes but people say they're quite pretty.

We soon stop at a huge mansion and Ivan leads me out and into the ball room where men mingle as women stay by their sides as though they are pets. But that's what most of them are for. Pretty pets.