A Little More Understood Chapter 11

-K-I-A-N- -L-O- -V-E-R-D-E-

BTW GUY-- GOING TO PAST TENSE BC ITS EASIER!

I dressed in a full black suit, keeping my gun hidden under the jacket. The black turtle neck covered my neck full of tattoos but my hands full of them show the collections. I stood outside on the veranda just thinking. I took out a smoke and light it before breathing it in deeply. I blew it out slowly. I repeated the same pattern for a while before Alastor came out. He looked unusually annoyed but I dismissed it.

"Your wife, she um..." he said, trying to find the right word. "doesn't like to be told what do to." he said finally.

"What do you mean?" I asked, not turning to face him. I leaned back on the table as I let out the smoke.

"She said that she didn't want to go and wasn't going to go." Alastor said, walking up next to me. I clenched my fist and my jaw tightened. "But I suggest you wait for her since ya'll are gonna be leaving soon." Alastor suggested.

"Right." I said. I let the cigarette fall before smooshing it with my heel and leaving.

I walked to the main entrance where I saw the car ready through the big windows of the house. Suddenly I heard a pair of heels click from above and my head quickly turned to find Valencia in the outfit that I chose. She looks even more stunning than what thought she was going to look like. Her hair swung behind her back as she made her way down the stairs. I looked her up and down in awe and I think she could tell.

She walked to me and I laid out my hand for her to take. She took it cautiously before I instinctively put it on her back. I walked her to the car and held open the door for her to get in the passenger side.

I walked around the car and got in as I looked over at her. Her hands covered some of the bruises that could be seen as the dress rode up on her legs. Her bruises were covered badly as she tried to use the small handbag when I noticed. Just the fact that the dress rode up that much made me grip the steering wheel till my knuckles turned white.

"Are you okay?" she asked suddenly. I turned to look at her ocean eyes filled with fear and concern. I ran my tongue over my teeth, trying to get a grip over myself.

"I'm fine. Thank you." I replied, looking back to the road.

"Ok.."

"Mi stai facendo impazzire con quel vestito pero." I whispered. (You're driving me crazy with that dress though)

"What?"

"Nothing." I said, shaking my head.

We finally got to the restaurant and I looked over to see her staring at the big, lit building in wonder. I walk over to her door and open it for her, holding out my hand. She smiled slightly at me before taking my hand so I could lead her into the restaurant. I thought I was going to go crazy as her small hand took mine and she smiled. Fucking smiled. I took a deep breath, trying to focus on what was ahead.

I looked down at her every once in a while, utterly stunned by the way she looked. Her bruises only added to her beauty as it seemed to make her stronger in my eyes. The host led us to the table as Alastor and Theon sat close to us for protection even though I could easily kill someone here within seconds.

We sat in silence for a little while while my knee bounced from the nerves. I looked over at the men and they were mouthing me to talk to her. I cleared my throat making her jump as she looked around the place.

"So, um, do you like your room so far? I can easily get people to fix it to your liking-" She cut me off before I rambled on.

"It's more than perfect. Thank you for asking." she said reassuringly. I sighed in relief and looked up to find her giggling. My heart burst at her sweet tune that had just come out of her mouth. I gave her a questioning look before she gathered herself. "I'm sorry, I just don't know why you would be so concerned about me liking the room you chose for me? It's more than I need in fact." she said softly.

My hand turned into a fist under the table to control myself from throwing the table across the room just to kiss those soft looking lips.

"So what do you like to do?" I said, trying to bring back the confidence that she had taken just with her smile.

"I love to read and dance." she smiled.

"What kind of dance?" I asked.

"Any. Just as long as I can dance." Valencia clarified. "What about you?" she questioned.

I looked away unsure what to say because in general it would have to be her if I could one day.

"That's something for another day." I cautioned.

She nodded before before eating the food that had came a couple seconds ago. I looked over at Theon who gave me a thumbs up before stuffing his face with the food that the waiter had just brought to their table. Alastor rolled his honey brown eyes and sighed before eating.

We ate quietly, talking about our lives and the things we would like to do in the future before I put my napkin down from wiping my mouth and finished. I looked over to see Theon and Alastor staring me down before looking over to see a couple men at the hosts counter, arguing with him. Their rose tattoos gave away all too well who they were. The Cilento mafia. I looked over at Valencia but she seems unfazed and didn't see what was going on. I needed to get her out of here.

What the fucking hell are those men doing here. This is my property.

"I want to take you to another place." I grunted.

"Why?" Valencia asked, puzzled.

"If your questioning me, then we'll just go home." I threatened, looking at her down from my nose as I stood. I heard Theon and Alastor get up behind me. Valencia looked away from my gaze but I grab her face so she was looking at me. Her blue eyes were wide with fear but they never left my cold, green ones. "Do you just want to go home than?" I queried. She shook her head furiously. "Words amour mio~." I probed.

"N-no. We can go somewhere else if you want to." she answered weakly.

"Ottimo. Vieni con me." I smirked, laying out my hand so she knew what I meant. (Great come with me)

She took my hand shakily but there was a shatter of glass as the windows burst into shards of sharp tinted slivers of windows. I grabbed Valencia's wrist tightly and pulled her into me as the glass cut me.

Now I understood why she didn't want to get involved with this shit. She was just too delicate for the type of world she was born into.

How do you guys like it so far? 💕💕😁

Leave a comment loves!