2. The DNA!

1 month later

In the polluted breeze of Bangkok, Khao was standing there speechless. It's been a month since the investigation over the case started yet Khao couldn't find any clues at all. Yes, the short guy in the bar that day was suspicious but he was nowhere to be found after the incident that day.

Khao went to the bar everyday after the incident to find the guy so he had gotten way closer to the bar owner, Mr. First. Their status had changed from Mr. Khaotung and Mr. First to Khao and First. Khaotung flirting with First aside doing his job had become a daily activity now.

Like everyday, Khao got up in around the evening after having some snacks, wore his blazer and went out to go to the bar. But much to his surprise, the bar was closed but he heard someone yelling inside the closed bar. He came closer and leaned on the door, eavesdropping.

Khao's pov:

I was just going out to meet First. I mean... look for the criminal. But that's when I realised, the bar was closed. That's unusual. It's the weekend. The bar's usually extra crowded on such days. I heard someone yelling so I came closer to hear what it was about. Just couldn't help my nosy mind.

"You know what will happen, right?" A harsh voice yelled from inside.

"You can't tell anyone about it! Don't you dare!" The voice yelled again. I tried to look through the glass window on the side but all I saw was a tall figure, but not the guy from that day, yelling at someone.

I couldn't see the person he was yelling at. His tall body was covering it up. But then he looked over and I don't know if he saw me but he started walking towards the door and left the place, his face fully masked in black.

At first, I thought I would get to him but there's no point. I didn't have any evidence against him. If I came along, he was able to hurt me, even though I was definitely stronger than him, I didn't have a weapon on me and I did notice a knife in his pocket.

I could've used that knife as an evidence but it's too risky to pull out a knife of the pocket of someone as dangerous as that guy. So I stayed silent, hid away and sat at a shop nearby, acting like nothing happened when he walked past me.

Even though I didn't know that guy, his tall figure, his voice, everything was familiar somehow. It's like... It's like we've met before.

After that, I thought to go back into the bar but the person that was being yelled at was already long gone. So I went back home and took a shower. Those thoughts of the scene were still wandering around in my mind.

A few hours after, I went back to the bar. This time, I found the bar open, crowded as usual. But something was off, something was just not clicking..... who was that guy? Why was he in this bar? Where was First? Why was the bar closed?

Only one person could answer all those questions,.. First.

I walked into the bar and immediately bumped into First while he was obviously talking to his bartenders. Such a busy man. "Hey, First. Do you mind if I ask you something?" I asked, subtly.

"What is it?" He asked back getting all his focus on me.

"Yeah... I don't know how to put it into words... But are you really the owner of this bar?" Of course, that's not what I wanted to ask but I am not a very straightforward person.

"Of course, I am. Why are you asking?" He asked again.
I rubbed my head and tried to keep a smile on my face but looked confused. "Na... nothing" I said, looking around the bar. Even if we were getting close. I had a feeling we still weren't close enough for him to tell me the truth so I just brushed it off.

I sat on the stool beside the counter, resting my hand on the counter,
"Can you give me a can of beer?" I asked First after a few minutes of silence.

His eyes widened. He raised an eyebrow and looked at me. "Since when do you drink beer?" He asked.

I locked eyes with him and said, "Since I met you, Mr. Bar owner." I slightly winked and stared at his light red cheeks which were getting redder the longer I stared.

"Crazy!!" He remarked and hit my hand while a bartender handed me a can of beer.

Just when I was about to open the can, my phone rang unexpectedly. I looked at the caller's name and I picked up the phone, obviously annoyed, not getting to spend some time with First. The caller told me that the DNA test results of the hair found was back.

I quickly put the can down and rushed towards my car. "Sorry,.. First, I need to go!" I shouted on the way.

I reached the lab and the shock I felt when the guy told me that it was a hair of... First. I was speechless. I couldn't believe it. How is he involved in this? Is he hiding something?I need to find out more about this case!

To Be Continued.....

Author's note:
I am not a great writer so if you see any mistakes in my work, don't hesitate to point it out.