Ch. 12

Two hours had passed since we left the hotel, and now we were standing in a traffic jam... Octavius ​​picked up the limousine's internal phone... He spoke in a language I did not understand... and it was not English... his foreign accent dominated it... so it was his mother tongue... It made him look more handsome when he spoke it... the way the letters came out with the sway of his lips... he seemed... oh my God, he was beautiful... and handsome too... what should I say... he slapped me... he misbehaved with me.

'Stop staring at me. You're back to that.' His voice rang out in the car...

I had to defend myself... I was thinking, not staring...

"I wasn't staring... I was thinking."

'Your ears turned red... And your face became like a tomato... You were staring at me... I know that I am handsome'

Here the car stopped and the sound outside was different... The sound of cars and the horns of traffic disappeared... I saw him bending his Friday prayer and opening a small safe... Get out. Something black...and he threw it towards me...

'Put this on...and put on the hat.'

...and take...' He was passing me a pair of sunglasses. It was a black cotton jacket... From its scent that exuded his perfume, it was his..

“Why?”

‘Don’t ask... Come on.’

He got out of the car and closed the door behind him to give me space to put on his jacket.. After a few seconds, he opened the door and extended his head..

‘Aren’t you finished yet? ...Okay... You're ready... Hold my hand and don't move away from me, and keep your head down and don't raise it...'

I looked at him and then at his hand... What does he think he's doing... Has he gone crazy...

'I'm not asking for your hand... “As you wish, come on, but don’t leave me.”

I got out of the car...for a moment, a light flashed in my eyes...he was pointing a camera and a microphone at us...and a flash was flashing...several of them...what is all this...I saw a person... He keeps them away from me and Octavius...

That was strange... He is a gangster, according to the information I gathered... How could the press run after him? I lowered my gaze and felt nothing but Octavius’ hand on my back directing me to the road... That was difficult for me... when We moved away from the press... I raised my head... We were at the airport... in the airfield and in front of us was a private plane... A feeling of panic came over me... I had not been on a plane until I came here, and that was a long time ago. Maybe six or seven years....when I came to complete my education and obtain a specialty degree in medicine.

“Why are we here?” I asked.

“We are going to California.”

“What is there in California?”

'My family' went with him to the plane. When I entered it, I was shocked...

'Noon... Noon, are you okay?' She was screaming and hugging me and I did not move a muscle.. Sia was here... with the two men, Noah and William... she looked... I thought she would be sad... shocked... but she was there happy... laughing... In a blue dress with white sneakers... What's going on here... Has this crazy woman adapted...

'What's wrong... What's this look on your face?'

"Nothing...what are you doing here?"

'What do you mean, what do I do here...well I was at the house of a doctor whom Octavius ​​knows...and Noah went with me...you met Noah, didn't you...I was with you...but it seemed like it would take a while to wake up, so I passed by the doctor And we preceded you here after that.... What's wrong with you, girl, why did your face make this expression? 'Sia has gone crazy.... She has completely gone crazy.

These three men we know nothing about... After thinking, I don't know Sia well... She was a neighbor. I talk to her about routine matters... I have never had a discussion with her and she does not know anything about me and I do not know anything about her... What is it that afflicts you,... and she calls them by their names... I have become close to them in just one day.. I have to be careful of all of them...

'Come on, each of you, take your seat...' That was Octavius... directing his hand towards all of us...

'We'll go.' I didn't pay attention to the plane. I was afraid, and my fear showed on my face... I didn't look at anyone. ...I sat in a corner... far away... very far from others... and from the windows... I was sweating and could barely breathe... unlike everyone else who was talking... and Sia was talking cheerfully... Why me, my God? ...Sia, Noah, and William were sitting opposite each other...and talking...As for Octavius, he took a seat far away from them and went back to playing with his phone...No one felt my fear...and my suffocation...I panicked as soon as I felt the plane was preparing itself.
To fly... I took off the hat and started breathing sharply... I couldn't raise my head... I was looking down...

'Are you okay?' Octavius' voice suddenly shouted towards me...

'Relax and raise your head... You'll be dizzy like this.' I didn't listen to him... I don't know what happened to me... Suddenly I heard his voice speaking in his usual accent... I don't know who he was talking to, but the plane stopped moving... The place was silent... Then I soon saw a shoe whose owner was standing in front of me. ...

'Raise your head'

I did not respond... my strength betrayed me at this moment... I felt frozen... in fear... when the shoe owner knelt in front of me and his face was facing my head, which was bent down... he put his index finger on my chin and directed my head to meet his face. ...It was Octavius,

'Are you afraid? Are you not crying? Are you shaking in fear, girl? It's just flying. Calm down.' He said and I saw him sitting at the window next to me. He adjusted his seat and took something out of the pocket of his leather jacket. He passed it to me and took a bottle of water from the shelf next to him and gave it to me.

“Drink it... it will help you.” I took it and drank it without hesitation and did not ask what it was... I wanted anything to relieve me of my miserable situation... He was looking at me, then he adjusted his seat, dialed a number on his phone, spoke, and hung up his phone. ...Then he looked at me...

. 'You'll be fine' and the plane started moving again... My eyes closed automatically... Then I felt a hand on my shoulder... It was his hand.

'Open your eyes...we are in the air...' Indeed, when I opened my eyes, I found Sia and the two men laughing again...they had different accents, but they spoke English...there was no stranger on the plane except me...I was the only one who came. Of Arab origin. I heard a cracking sound, so I turned around to see Octavius ​​unfastening his seat belt and standing, heading towards the door of the room attached to the plane... He entered and closed the door behind him. He went to sleep... He seemed to be feeling tired.

"He had not slept for two days."
This was William who spoke. I did not feel my eyes closing. I sat down comfortably to take a nap and fell asleep while smelling the strong scent of his perfume emanating from his jacket, which I was still wearing. Time passed and my eyes opened....