1 - No promises

"THAT'S A WHAT? A THREE-STORY FALL TO THE DECK?"

        Pope asked, mocking the Routledge boy with a chuckle. "I give you a... One in three chance of survival?"

"Damn JB, Pope has a lot of hope for you" Holly teased, earning a sarcastic smile from Pope and a chuckle from John B, who was currently standing on the edge of roof, of a building that was under construction.

The silence that followed as John B continued to wobble on the roof, allowed Holly to grab JJ's beer he had just opened and take a sip.

"Hey!" He protested as the blonde girl laughed and walked to sit a safe distanced away from JJ as he begrudgingly took another beer. The three friends watched as John B balanced his foot of the end of the roof of the building they had been trespassing on for the last week. But this is what summer was to them. Just being pogues. Pogue summer consisted of warm long days, where they drank and committed harmless crimes, with the occasional addition of JJ's weed – that is if the blonde boy hadn't smoked it all himself. And that was the way they liked.

They all knew the authorities had already been made aware of their presence on the restricted area. The neighbourhood in figure eight isn't friendly if you don't live there – which they clearly didn't, as they darned shaggy, cheap clothing, and drove around in rusty old brown van, covered in tacky stickers Holly had stolen from her older brothers.

"Should I, do it?" The brunette boy asked glancing at the blonde girl soaking up the sun rays. She was by far the safest friend, opting to sit and watch her friends play fight and surf.

"If I tell you no, you'll do it anyway" She replied rolling her eyes, before shifting her sunglasses back onto her face.

"You'll look after if I hurt myself anyway, you know, free health care and all?"

"You're an idiot John B" Holly scoffed, being fairly used to the constant teasing about her upbringing, it was mainly from John B and JJ, whether they mocked her accent or teased the way her old country runs.

"You love me though" John B simply replied, earning another eye roll and middle finger from the Brit.

"Yeah jump, I'll shoot you on my way down" Pope chimed in, teasing his friend who looked as if he was ready to jump.

"You'll shoot me?" John B question in feign hurt, using the hand that wasn't holding the beer to make a finger gun, pointing it in Pope's direction, as Holly laughed and made her way back over to JJ, who swung his arms around her shoulders.

"They're going to have Japanese toilets with towel warmers" Kiara Carrera stated as she walked out of the construction site, making the two blondes turn their heads at the re-arrival of their friend.

"Of course they are, why wouldn't they?" JJ said.

"If it means the previous owners of the land get a good pay in from the people that will live here" Holly finished, taking a sip of her – well, JJ's – beer, as Kie went on a tangent about why on earth someone would need towel warmers. Holly agreed fully, she though it was a bit excessive.

"Like, why would they invest in towel warmers when the cut barely has any running water" Holly agreed with her friend.

"Say that again" JJ said.

"What?"

"Wor-tah" He smirked in an awful mock English accent, earning an elbow to the ribs from the blonde-haired girl.

"This used to be a turtle habitat." Kie mumbled disheartedly. And the blonde girl gave her said smile, but shrieked as JJ lifted her up onto his shoulders randomly.