7 - Whipped

WHEN HOLLY WOKE UP THE NEXT MORNING, SHE SPOTTED JJ SPLAYED OUT UNDERNEATH HER.

         Somehow, during the night, she had moved to sleep on top of him. Holly pushed her hair behind her ears and moved her hands so she could rest her chin on them comfortably, and simply stared at the boy in front of her. She thought back to the other night, when JJ had told her she was pretty, and came to the conclusion that she thought he was rather pretty as well. She was well aware that JJ was shirtless underneath her, and the thought of them being so intimate with each other made her turn slightly scarlet. JJ was different from the rest of her friends. Sure, she loved the rest of the pogues, but her relationship with the blonde boy was different.

With John B, it was very much a sibling like relationship, ever since knowing the boy, when she didn't want to be around her family, Big John would happily have her over for as long as she wanted. They also became closer when his dad disappeared, as Holly had some experience with how it felt to lose someone so important.

Pope and her got along well, and she often over helping him with jobs his dad wanted him to do, which is one of the reasons Heyward liked her a lot more than the rest of Pope's friends. He also helps her with school. No, Holly isn't dumb, but after her dad disappeared her grades starting dropping, she began missing classes and stopped handing in homework. That was when Pope put his foot down. He had quite literally marched up to girls house one evening, textbooks and paper in hand, and demanded she do her homework with him.

Kiara is her best friend. Probably her ride or die. They quite literally told each other everything and had bonded after they met at the Kook academy, back when they both went there. The two girls had reached the stage of friendship where they told each other all boy problems, family problems and everything else under the sun. Last year they had both shared their first kiss with one and other at a new year's party, but they still remained as close as they were before.

But JJ. JJ was different. Not in a bad way, god, no, not at all. He was always there when she needed a shoulder to cry on, from way back in third grade, and to now. Usually JJ isn't the sympathetic type and tried to lift a moment by cracking a joke, and that's what Holly needed. Kie was always there to give her sympathy, but JJ always put a smile on her face, no matter the situation. He was like a ray of sunshine at the end of the tunnel, and Holly adored the boy. Maybe more than she'd like to admit. The two were a lot more touchy with each other than the rest of the pogues, and they rarely ever got into to fights. JJ got Holly, and Holly got JJ. Holly was always there to make sure the boy didn't get into too much trouble, but JJ was there to remind her to have fun, and to live a little. Ying and yang, Peanut butter and Jelly. Because opposites attract, don't they?

"You're staring." Spoke JJ, snapping her out of her trance. She blinked before replying with a smile, her cheeks growing hot when she got caught.

"I was waiting for you to wake up." She said simply, making the boy smirk.

"Mhm, sure." He replied smugly, making her hit his shoulder lightly and get up out of bed.

"Wait no, I didn't want you to get up!" He whined "You were keeping me warm." His statement making the girl laugh softly. God he just loved her laugh, and her smile, it made him smile.

"Well I have to get up Jayj." She said shrugging, grabbing a pair of baggy trousers and a tight tank top before stepping into the bathroom. "I'm going in the shower, if you hear the door knock, hide in my wardrobe, my brothers have no shame when it comes to barging into my room." As she shut the bathroom door behind her, turning on the shower.

"What's a wardrobe?" Came JJ's voice softly from the other side of the door, making Holly laugh.

"Oh, uh, it's a closet to you. I forget you're American sometimes."

"Psht, English people" He mumbled, and she could practically hear him shaking his head as he said that.

She quickly finished her shower and got changed, doing her makeup in the bathroom too, before walking out to find JJ with his shirt on.

"Hey, I'm done." She said, and he looked over at her.

"What took you so long?" He complained.

"A girls has to do whatever she gotta do." She shrugged, taking her phone from her bedside table as she heard it vibrate.

"Who is it?" JJ asked.

"Its Kie, she wants to hang out today. You okay if I love you and leave you?" She replied, taking her money and shoving it into her phone case.

"No. You have to stay here with me." JJ said, walking up behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist, giving her butterflies. As much as she wanted to stay, she also wanted a private catch up with Kie, so Holly brushed the boy off with a laugh.

"Feel free to stay here until I get back, unless you want to do find John B or Pope?" she told him.

"I'll find one of the guys yeah. Might head back to my pops to get some more clothes." He replied, putting his shoes on.

"Ok then. I'll see you later JJ." Holly said, and kissed him as she made her way downstairs, leaving the blonde boy very flustered.

"HEY KIE."

         Holly said as she walked up to the girl, who was sat at a 2 person table at the Wreck, the restaurant that the Carrera family owned and Holly sometimes worked at if Ward Cameron didn't need her.

"Oh, hey girly." Kiara replied as the blonde girl sat down.

"I have been dying for a girl catchup I can't lie to you." I laughed, as Mr. C came over with a lemonade for his daughter and raspberry lemonade for Holly. As she went to get her money out to pay him however, he quickly stopped her.

"No worries little Gil, it's on the house today." He said with a smile.

"Really?" he nodded, "thanks a bunch Mr. C".

"Anyway, go away dad, we're having girl talk." Kie said, waving her dad away.

"Thanks Kiara, I love you too." He laughed as he walked away.

"Okay tell me everything." Kie said immediately, leaving the girl sat in front of her confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh don't play dumb Holly! You and JJ!" she said excitedly.

"Me and JJ?" replied Holly, still a little confused.

"I can see you making heart eyes at eachother everytime you're together! You can't tell me that something didn't happen." Kiara protested, crossing her arms and raising her eyebrows at the girl.

"Not that I know of. Why? Is it, like, super obvious that I like him?" The Gilbert girl panicked as she sipped her drink.

"Well, to the rest of yes." She spoke, as Holly frowned slightly "But JJ's a blind idiot. He doesn't see shit." She finished, making her friend laugh along with her.

"Do you... Think he likes me back?" Holly asked after a moment of silence, making Kiara whip her head up to her in disbelief.

"You're seriously asking me that? Dude, he's whipped." She stated, but before Holly could reply, a knock on the window interrupted her.

"Pogue meeting at the chateau, from John B." Said Pope from the other side of the window.

"Chug race?" Kie suggested, motioning to the remainders of their drinks.

"Oh you're on Carrera."

1326 words.

short chapter because i've had no motivation.

Little insight to Holly's relationships with the rest of the pogues.