|𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚍|

|𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝑰'𝒎 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒃𝒖𝒓𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒗𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒆|

There are signs that people will or will not pick up on when one is struggling.

You can never truly place the blame on someone if they don't notice these signs nor can you blame the person who is giving them for not being more direct.

You also can't blame yourself for not being surrounded by people who couldn't pick up the signs until it's too late.

Strive to burn out rather than to fade away.

For then you'll leave a trace of your existence behind in this eternity.

The morning air had been tainted with the fresh smell of rain.

Despite growing stronger and stronger each passing day, the group were still teenagers who had their life's ahead of them.

And they all seem to understand this.

Which was why there was never a complaint when they were given missions with a groups of more than two.

And sometimes, destiny did it's work, when it would pair up the most obviously enamoured duo to missions.

It was no surprise, to Satoru and Shoko at least, that a certain black haired and [h/c] had a certain thing going on.

But in fact it ran deeper than that.

Suguru quickly learned that [Y/N]'s curse technique had severe effects on the other male, and he was also quick to learn how to deal with a few light burns.

Shoko was of course the one to reach him this.

But there would be days were his burns would run farther than what a small gel could heal, so Suguru learned to identify those as well.

There would be so many sleepless nights where the duo would just stay at each others side, keeping each other company as the desperately hoped the young night would never end.

But on the nights we're sleep would be too good to pass up, a certain [e/c] male would wake up in a coat of sweat.

The nightmares were more realistic each night.

There would not be a single second where he could close his eyes and not be tormented my his own thoughts.

The many nights he would keep to himself, staring at the mirror of his restroom, trying his best to calm down, only to end up hurting himself more with the flames that would spiral out of control.

He couldn't even remember where he was at times, feeling the air getting knocked out of his lungs as if he had broken his ribs.

He only light that illuminated him would be the restroom light, that clearly shined down on the mess he had made, blood and tears on the sink and floor.

It hurted like hell.

He couldn't remember the last time he had ever felt any part of happiness, despite being crowded with people tending to his every need.

His hair was disheveled, sticking up in random directions as he attempted to remain his composure.

No one knew about this.

No one had seen this part of him.

And he would gladly keep pretending for everyone else's sake.