|𝚆𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎|

|𝑯𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒖𝒔. 𝑰𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒏𝒉𝒂𝒃𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅.|

When Suguru and Satoru reunited again. (Suguru was shocked that Satoru was still alive, he was even more shocked when he saw the white haired male holding the corpse of the young girl they had failed to protect surrounded by so many people in white who were smiling and laughing like they had just been saved. Those people disgusted Suguru to the pit of his heart). They both had decided to go back to school, having a traumatic experience they would end up sharing with their friends.

Yet when they arrived, they failed to notice the missing one. Satoru was first to speak, greeting Shoko with an unexpected, but very much needed hug.

Satoru soon pulled away, starting a bit of small talk with the smaller woman when Suguru felt the need to interrupt, noticing the missing presence that normally would bring him peace.

"Where is [Y/N]?" Suguru's voice broke out, catching the attention the two in front of him. He looks around curiously, hoping to catch a glimpse of [h/c] strands or a pair of [e/c]. None had yet to made an appearance.

"Oh he had left a few days after you guys. He said something about family emergency. I tried to contact him but he always ends things shortly before we can properly talk" Shoko had said, looking over to Suguru before a small teasing smile appears on her face.

Being in no mood for anything, he just shrugged it off, looking away as he thought what the other male was doing. But he couldn't shake the feeling of something being wrong.

He was however, too exhausted from everything to even care. He excused himself from the group and went to his dorm, throwing himself on to his bed, closing his eyes as he replayed the events that took place only days before.

The night that the duo had returned from their mission. A certain [h/c] male was laying on the floor of his room, dried up blood pooling around his body as a few wounds started to close themselves.

Forcing his eyes to open, pulling himself out of the dream world as he woke up, his body in terrible pain that had welled up while he was knocked out. Disappointed when he is met with a very familiar environment that is far from resembling his dorm room at school.

He could feel dried up tears staining his eyes. He must've cried himself to sleep last night..

What a joke.

That's what his father would've probably said if he saw him in this state. Body laying across the floor as it seemed the bed was beyond his reach. Messy clothes that were stained with sweat and blood, literally , hair sticking out in weird and different direction, eyes puffy from sobbing.

It felt like hell.

His 'home' felt like hell.

He needed to escape and never return. And while he had entertained that idea many times in the past, it always seemed out of his reach.

Daydreams and wishes of living a different life had always filled him with hope, only to be shattered soon by the harsh reality of his situation.

But things were finally different.

He had friends, surely he could just, hide with one of them, right?

The idea is idiotic and he doesn't entertain it for more than a second.