Nidal

The doctor came in, and I held my breath. My fingers crossed under my sheets.

"I think that it's safe for you to go home. But you will be on bed rest for two days just in case." He said sternly.

I grinned and nodded happily. Finally I could go home.

I got put in a wheelchair and was taken down to the car. They picked me up and put me in.

I picked up my phone and texted Salish the good news.

I then put down my phone and chatted to my parents.

"You are going to have to catch up with school, dear." My mum said. I groaned.

She smiled, and the car turned into our driveway.

They picked me up and took me to my room. I sat up on my bed, and they walked out.

As soon as they walked out, I swung my legs off the side of my bed and stood up.

I waddled around the room. My phone started ringing, and I went back to my bed, flopping down.

It was Nidal. I answered.

"Hey." I said.

"Y/n, are you okay! I should have gone inside with you, then I could have helped you. Oh my gosh, this is all my fault!" He blabbered.

"Oh, shush, I'm fine now." I replied.

"Y/n, I'm just glad you're okay." He responded.

"Me too." I said.

"So, are you home?" He asked.

"Yeah, on bed rest." I said.

"And you're staying in bed?" He said.

I didn't reply.

"Y/n!" He said.

"I've already been in hospital for five days. I've had enough rest!" I said.

"You are so stubborn!" He said.

"I will stay in bed if you come over. It's Saturday." I said.

"Uh, duh, of course, if it's alright with your parents." He replied.

"Okay, they are coming up now. I will text if it's alright! Bye!" I said and hung up before he could reply.

My parents came in. I asked if Nidal could come over, and they said yes. I told him, and he said he would be there in a minute.

Ten minutes later, I heard the doorbell ring and my parents greeting someone.

Nidal walked in and ran over to me. I threw my arms around his neck, and he lifted me out of the bed, hugging me tightly.

"I was so worried." He mumbled. I laughed, and he let go. He sat on the bed next to me, and we talked.

"So I was wondering. I know this sounds like really weird, but it's valentines soon, and for my video, I usually do it with Salish as friends, but i was wondering if you wanted to?" He said nervously, fiddling with his hands.

"Of course as friends, obviously." I said, smiling.

"Yeah. Friends." He replied.

He did some lip syncing tiktoks with me, and then I lay down. He lay next to me and talked about another video idea.

"Like swimming or something. Peyton has a big pool. We could go there and do a video with her and Salish. Paxton and Ashton, too." He said.

I nodded.

"We could have a sleepover, too! All of us like last time." He said. I chuckled. He turned his head to face me.

"What?" He asked.

"Last sleepover I got stung by a wasp, remember?" I said giggling. Nidal grinned. I faced him.

I reached out and messed up his hair playfully. He sat up and fixed it before crawling over to me and messing up my hair.

I laughed and stood up. Nidal quickly got up and pushed me back onto the bed.

"You said you would stay in bed, missy!" He said.

I rolled my eyes. He bounced back onto the bed.

My eyes closed after a while, and I fell asleep. I woke up to Nidal scrolling on his phone. My head rested on his lap.

I sat up and yawned. He looked up and smiled. I smiled back and was about to say something when the lights turned off.

"NIDAL!" I screamed and fell off the bed.

"Y/N WHERE ARE YOU!" He yelled. I lay on the floor, my injured leg shaking.

"GUYS, DONT WORRY. IT'S JUST A POWERCUT!" My mum yelled from downstairs.

I heard Nidal shuffling around and bumping into stuff. I felt him trip over my leg and fall on top of me.

"Ouch." He said.

"I should be the one saying that!" I said.

"Y/n it's you! I'm so sorry, are you okay?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm fine!" I lied. My leg felt so bad. Nidal didn't move.

The lights turned back on, and I squinted my eyes. I saw Nidal looking down at me.

He got up and helped me up. I hid the pain and got back onto the bed.

"I uh think I should go now." He said. I nodded.

He smiled and left. I groaned and fell back.