Charades

I don't know why I did what I did next,
but I did, and it happened.

I closed my eyes and leaned in.

Nothing had happened, and I opened my eyes, and I saw Ryder laughing and pointing at me.

"What." I said blankly.

"You thought!" He said between laughter.

"What the heck, Ryder!" I yelled. I stood up.

He quickly stumbled up. Laughter gone.

"No Y/n I didn't mean it like that. I am sorry. I was just seeing if you liked me. That was a dumb thing to do!" He stammered.

I raised my hand and slapped him hard around the face.

He gasped and held his face.

"I deserved that." He mumbled.

"You pig!" I shouted and turned around to go back inside.

"No Y/n please. I like you! I love you!" He shouted, grabbing my wrist. I shook him off.

"Leave me alone!" I yelled and pushed him.

He looked angry.

"Bro, I said I liked you! You obviously like me too you tried to kiss me!" He said angrily.

"Yes, I admit I did, but I lost all feelings when you laughed. What do you expect me to be all over you!" I said.

"You're such a pathetic girl!" He said and stormed off.

I thundered inside, slamming the door behind me.

Nidal hobbled over to me.

"Y/n! I saw the whole thing. Are you okay? He didn't hurt you, did he?" He said, holding onto me for balance.

"I'm fine. I just need to be alone." I said everything that had happened coming into my mind.

"I'm such a horrible person." I muttered and helped Nidal back into the living room.

"Thanks, please stay here." He said, sitting on the sofa.

I shook my head.

"Please, I can take your mind off it. we have a new game!" He said, picking up charades.

"Fine but only because you're begging." I replied, trying to hide my smile.

"Yes!" He said. He took out the cards and placed them in a pile under the table.

"You better get better soon." I said, picking up a card.

We played charades for a bit before lunch.

"Thanks noodle, I needed that." I said and hugged him.

"No problem." He replied, grinning.

I put on my pj's and leant against Jiji as she scrolled through tiktok.

I fell asleep straight away, and my mind replayed memories with my parents, and the first time I met Nidal.

"Nidal!" I laughed as we splashed around in the rain. My prom dress getting soaked.

"Y/n, come over!" He said. I ran into his outstretched arms.

"I love you so much, Y/n." He said, looking down at me.

"I love you too." I replied and buried my face into his neck. The rain drizzled on us as we stood there arms interlocked around each other.

It started to pour and we separated. He grabbed my hand and we danced around in the puddles.

"You look so beautiful." He whispered. I blushed.