The Accident

We finished up the video after a food fight, and I sat down exhausted.

Nidal came over and leant against the chair.

"You know maybe we could do another video like this but going through the years." He said thoughtfully.

I nodded.

My mum picked me and Nidal up and took us to town. She went around shopping and we went through the shops together.

Nidal picked up a hover board.

"No, Nidal!" I said and put it back on the shelf. He picked it up and laying the floor, clutching it to his chest.

I rolled my eyes and tried to hold back my laughter.

I walked off, and he caught up with me still holding the hover board.

"You're paying." I said. He nodded and paid.

We walked out and put it in my mums car that was parked nearby.

I held his hand as we walked around. My mum called us over, and we went back to the car.

We dropped Nidal off at his house and then went home.

I lay in bed and struggled to get to sleep. I snapped Nidal and slowly fell asleep.

I had school and chucked on some clothes and made my way.

It was boring there and when I got home I called Nidal and we talked for two hours.

He said he wanted me in his next video about his idea.

I agreed and then hung up.

I went over to his house, and he was on the hover board going around the house.

"Y/n hop on!" He said, coming over. I stepped on behind him and held onto his waist. He held my hips as we span around the house.

My mum texted me saying my tea was ready, so I said goodbye to Nidal and went back to my house for tea.

Little did I know that would be the last time I saw him in two weeks.

I went to gymnastics with Salish, and then I went to hers for a sleepover as it was the weekend.

We were talking, and the conversation led to Nidal.

"What if he got hurt?" She said randomly.

"What?" I replied.

"Knowing Nidal, he probably would get hurt for doing something dumb." I laughed.

"Example." Salish said.

"Uh, him climbing onto his house roof and trying to do a flip off onto his trampoline." I said.

Salish nodded.

"Yes, I can picture that perfectly. It's almost three. What do you want to do?" She said, stretching.

I shrugged. We went downstairs and grabbed some snacks before sitting down on the living room floor opening packets.

"Oh let's do the -" Salish was saying before she got cut off by my phone ringing.

I answered.

"Hello?" I said.

"Y/n, it's Nidal he's gotten into an accident, and he's heading to the hospital now." Jiji rushed.

"What! Is he okay?" I said, panicking.

"I don't know Y/n. I don't know if he's even alive." Jiji said sobbing.

"I'm coming over right now. Get Neshan to pick me up." I said and hung up.

Salish looked worried.

"It's Nidal. He might be dead." I said. Salish gasped and grabbed my arm, her eyes watering.

I couldn't stop. I burst into tears and hugged her.

We both just sat on the floor crying.

"Come on, I will text Jiji to go with Neshan. Their his family they don't need us right now." I said and picked up my phone.

Salish told her parents, and then we just sat in her room in silence.

I knew it was pointless, but I tried texting Nidal.

I had sent over twenty messages before Salish finally spoke.

"Come on, Y/n put your phone down. we both know it's not worth it." She murmerd.

I sighed and turned off my phone.

We both sluggishly got ready for bed.

I lay down next to Salish, my mind racing.

My phone buzzed.

It was Jiji. I sat up quickly and said to Salish that Jiji had sent a message.

She said that Nidal was going into brain surgery.

I texted her back, and then Salish took my phone off of me.

"Y/n, we need to get some rest. I promise he will be fine. Let's just calm down." She said.

I nodded and slowly lay back down. But my eyes refused to close.