Frostbite (Maddie)

"Huh."

While picking berries, you find so much ice in the forest. Some of it even looks like it could be freezer burnt. It is strange, especially since it is springtime. Slowly, you follow the trail, creeping toward the mysterious source. Then, you find it. A man. Turned around with an exposed torso. Since you cannot see his front, you do not get a good look. Man... that's a sexy back... Unknowingly, you bite your lip, but then shake off your thoughts which are slowly becoming perverted.

He appears the be a wizard who specializes in Maker Magic. Specifically the ice kind. It is beautiful. The shards occasionally sprinkle down, and there will be an occasional snowflake or two. There are a couple of times when a snowflake falls down onto your nose, and you hold in the urge to giggle.

Quietly, you slump down onto the ground, holding a shard of ice in your hand. Cold, but dry. This must be ice that comes from magic. So cool and amazing. Looking back at the man, you see him panting in exhaustion. He must have over-done it. Sweat glistens from off of his body, making it shine in the sunlight. If only you could see his front. That would be nice. Then, the shard falls onto the ground, clinking against other pieces.

"Eh?" He turns around and eyes you, but yours drift down. His physique is nice. Too nice. What is he doing in the middle of a forest? He looks like he could he a model.

"Sorry," you say quickly. "I was picking berries and saw a crap ton of ice, which was a bit disturbing since it's spring. I followed it and wound up here, which is where you are."

"Oh. Well, you found the source."

"Yeah. It's... really pretty."

"Thanks. You should've seen my master's." He sits down, seemingly more relaxed than before.

"I bet it was gorgeous, too. Ice is... beautiful."

"It is. It's also a good and strong magic."

You allow your eyes to trail to his pectoral, which had a tattoo. The one signifying the Fairy Tail guild. "You're apart of Fairy Fail! You must know Salamander!"

Scoffing, he retorts, "Yeah, yeah, the Great Salamander. You know, I'm cooler than him. And stronger, too."

"Sorry. His name is widely known. By the way, who are you? I didn't know about and ice-used in Fairy Tail."

His eyebrow twitches. "Gray. Gray Fullbuster."

"That's a pretty name! I'm Y/n L/n. Nice to meet you."

"Uh-huh."

"Are you annoyed about me mentioning Salamander?"

His face begins to flush, so he turns his head to the side in an attempt to hide it. "No. I just think you're stupid for thinking he's actually cool. He's just a fire-eating, idiotic dragon kid."

"That's not very nice. You're in the same guild, so you shouldn't say bad things about eat other."

"I'm just being honest."

"You're being mean because you're hungry, right? Do you want some berries?" You go through your bag and start pulling some out, taking a few of each kind. "I just picked them today, so they're really good."

"Uh... sure."

Happily, you bring them over and hand them to him, then sit in front of him. "Here."

"How do you know which ones are poisonous and which aren't?"

"I have a book." You pull out a hand-made book. "I have methods to test it, and whenever I get information on a type of berry, I record it."