One-Sided Pursuit (Maddie)

"This" says the homeroom teacher. "Is our new transfer student, Y/n L/n."
You bow, seeming to be shy, then run to the only vacant seat, which happens to be next to Tetsuro Kuroo. He's a tall boy with messy black hair and yellow eyes that pop against his pale skin. Athletic, too. He's the captain of Nekoma's volleyball team, playing as one of their middle blockers.
Dne thing he's already noticed about you is your height. Short, which is rather cute. You've got a chubby little body that seems so... squishy. You're actually adorable-looking. And what's more, are those nice curves of yours, highlighted in the school uniform.
He looks over at you, and just as luck would have it, you look at him at the same time. For a few moments, you two hold the eye-contact, but then you look away, a deep blush coming onto your cheeks. He snickers a bit, finding your reaction to be cute. Oh... you're gonna be mine, Chibi-Chan.
After this class ends, he sees you trying to leave the room quietly. With a devilish smirk, he drapes his arm over your shoulder, giving you a closed-eye smile.
'Hey there, transfer student. Can I just call you 'Y/n? Or do you have a nickname that you prefer?
"Uh-" Your face turns entirely red and you seem to short-circuit in a way.
"What? Oh, I should introduce myself first, shouldn't I? I'm Tetsuro Kuroo. I'm actually the captain of the volleyball team Middle blocker. You're welcome to call me Tetsuro."
"Er- thank- thank you-"
"Well? What do I call you?"
"Y-Y/n is fine..I- I guess-"
"Y/n-Chan is it. Nice to meet you."
"L-l- likewise."
"You have anyone to sit at lunch with?"
"Well...no."
"Then sit with me and my friends, okay? Wouldn't want the new girl all alone, now would we?" He winks.
"A- arigato."
"Well, lemme walk you to class. C'mon, Y/n-Chan."
He feels how tense you are under his touch, and wonders whether it's because you're naturally shy, or it's him specifically. He'll have to see later when you're with his friends.
He walks with you to and from each class, then brings you with him to lunch, also being kind enough to pay for your food. He will get close to you. And you will like him. It doesn't matter. He'll do whatever it takes. He's already started to build up a few ideas in his his. One of them being to make you watch his volleyball practice. If he can show off a bit, you're bound to be interested at the very least. After all, he's tall!
At the lunch table, you're sat between him and his friend, Kenma Kozume. He wanted to trap you in so that you don't try to run away. He wraps his his around your shoulders, still feeling how tense you've been all day.
"What's wrong?" he asks. "You feel tense."
"A- ano. " you burst into a blushing fit, and he gets a bit of an idea
He leans in really close to your face, grinning slightly. "Are you flustered or somethin'?"
"Cut it out, Tetsuro," says Kozume as he presses buttons on his game. "You'll give the poor girl a heart attack."
"Y/n-Chan," he whines a bit. "Do you not like my company or something?"
"N- no! It- its not that! I- I- I swear!"
"Then what?"
You groan and scoot close to Kozume, who pushes you back.
"Don't. I'm not protecting you."
"And why would she need that?" After a few moments, he continues. "Y/n-Chan, come watch our volleyball practice."
"S- sure'"
After classes, he takes you with him to the gym, where a noisy second-year who has a mohawk tries to flirt with you watching you act as a blushing mess. He doesn't like it. Instinctively, he grabs your hand and sits you on a bench, then yells at the second-year. Then, he looks back at you with a smile as he waves a bit.
During the whole practice, he shows off, occasionally ooking back at you to see your reaction. You just blush and avert your eyes, as if there's something on your mind. He wonders what it is... are you maybe impressed?
nice they're done for the day, he walks over and sits beside you on the bench, drinking water. He notices the little blush on your face and smirks. "Like what you see?"
"Ah-! What?! I-"
You run out of the gym, blushing and flustered as ever. As he watches your back, he frowns. Maybe he's coming off a bit strong. But he can't really help it. Not when you're as cute at that. He just can't help but want you for himself.
"You're in her face," says Kozume as he sits beside Kuroo, panting a bit. "She's shy and doesn't like it."
"She'll warm up to me. Just give it time."
"You can't force her to like you."
"Of course, I can't. But I can at least try until the very end. It's pointless to sit around and do nothing."
"It's pointless to constantly make her run away, too."
"Then what do you suggest I do?"
"Leave her alone,"
"I like my plan better." He stands up and stretches a bit. "Anyway, I'm gonna go home now."
Just like yesterday, Kuroo sticks close by your side, shooting glares to any guys that look at you for more than two seconds. During lunch, he keeps his arm around you, not wanting you to leave his side. He's found that he's slightly obsessed with you. But how can he not? Just look at you!
Once volleyball practice is over, he sits beside you on the bench, and impulsively plops his head onto your lap, feeling your squishy thighs. Man.. I could get used to this..
"A- ACK!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING, TETSURO-KUN?!?!?!"
"Ah? I'm tired... just a little nap."
"O- ON MY LAP?!?!?!"
"Mhm. It's comfy. You don't mind, right?"
"Uh- uh-I-"
He fully lies on the bench, looking up at you. "Y/n-Chan, don't be so flustered." He smiles. "It's just me."
"W- why do you do this to me?" You look away, clearing blushing.
"Why? Because I want to."
"Do you- do you have some s- s- sort of grudge ag- against me or som- something?'
"Eh? What makes you ask that?"
"You're always following me around and-"
"I wanna get to know you, dummy"
"But...why?"
He sits up, wiping off some of his sweat with a towel. "You're cute. That's why"
He gets up and starts collecting his things, a bit embarrassed by what he said. It was all impulse, so he's still struggling to process it all. How could he say that so casually? He wanted to get to know you better, then have a cute confession later. That sounds a lot better, right? Now, it won't be much of a confession since you already know he's interested.
Sighing, he picks up his bag and walks out of the gym, not bothering to say "Goodbye" to his friends or you. On his walk home, he thinks about you a bit. What all does he know? You're quiet, you're shy, you seem to like the nerdier things, but what else? He doesn't even know your favorite color.
As he shakes his head, he decides that he'll talk you tomorrow and try to dig up as much information on you as possible. He wants to learn. He wants to know everything about you. Every little detail.
"What's your favorite color, Chibi-Chan?" asks Kuroo as he wraps his arm around your shoulders again.
"EH?!?!?! W- w- what did you ca- call me?!"
"You didn't answer my question~"
"F-f-f/c."
"Ah... it's a pretty one. It'd look good on you."
Quietly, he hears you mutter, "Nothing looks good on me.
"Hm? Chibi-Chan, how could you say something like that?"
He notices your look of surprise, so it seems that you didn't think he'd hear you. Or perhaps you were just thinking aloud. Who knows with you?
"Uh-s-say what?"
He releases you, then goes to stand in front of you, leaning his face close to yours. "I know what I heard. I'm pretty sure you could make anything look good. Of course, less is more, y'know what I mean?"
Bursting into a huge blush, you run off and he just chuckles. Man...you're too freaking cute. I don't even know why I was so worried yesterday. I love how flustered you get.
During lunch, he takes some of his food and places it on your plate, wanting you to eat more. Judging by your comment earlier, you're insecure. And if that's the case, then he should help, right? And that means positive reinforcement.
"Here, eat s'more."
"I- Ican't eatall this?!"
"Hm? But it's good for you."
"My stomach's only but so big. and don't you need to eat, too?"
"I'm not hungry today. Eat up"
"B- b- but you have practice later!"
'Chibi-Chan, eat." He ruffles your hair a bit. "How else will you keep up that gorgeous figure?"
Your eyes get huge. Abruptly, you shove your chair back and run out of the cafeteria, a couple tears in your eyes.
Meanwhile, Kuroo sits there, more confused than ever. Your body is perfect, and he meant that. He wants to wrap himself around you tightly and never let go. ls that so wrong?
"Nice going,' says Yaku. "You totally screwed things up and made a girl cry." He gives the tall boy a sarcastic thumbs up.
"What did I even do?"
"You commented on her body," Kozume replies quietly
"I was complimenting her."
Yaku continues, "But she didn't take it as such. More than likely, she thought you were being sarcastic to insult her."
Eyes getting huge, he darts out of the cafeteria to look for you. No matter where he goes, he doesn't see you. inevitably, it seems that you're in the girls' bathroom. So, he goes to find a girl. Running up to the first female he can find, he slams
His hands on her lunch table and yells, "I NEED YOU!!!"
Face red and words shaky, she replies, "U- u- uh- sh- shouldn't we, uhm, t- t- take it slow-"
"NO!!! IT CANT WAIT!!" He grabs her by the wrist and drags her to in front of the bathroom. "Please! Go in there and get Y/n-Chan out of there!!"
"WHAT?!?!?!"
"GET HER OUTTA THERE!! I CAN'T GO IN THERE SO I NEED YOU TO GET HER TO COME OUT!!"
"YOU- YOU IDIOT!! YOU DRAGGED ME ALL THE WAY HERE FOR THAT?!?!?!"
"WHAT ELSE WOULD I WANT FROM YOU?!?!?!"
"I THOUGHT- UGH!!" She storms into the bathroom, and he's more confused than before.
"WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU THINKING?!?!?!"
After a few minutes, the girl is dragging you out by your collar. "Here," she says to you. "Talk to Mr. Lover Boy over here."
Not waiting a single moment, he grabs onto your tightly. "I didn't mean it like that! You really are gorgeous! And I like your body! Maybe way too freaking much! And when I said that, I didn't think you'd take it that way. Please forgive me. I thought it was so obvious that you're beautiful and-"
"Tetsuro-Kun, that's enough."
"It's never enough! Not when you think I'd say that! And when you actually think it's true! I haven't even known you that long and I already know that you're the most beautiful, wonderful, and amazing person on earth! Never think otherwise!"
"Stop."
"I cant-"
"SHUT UP!" You push him off of you, then stand up. "I GET IT!! IT WAS A MISUNDERSTANDING!! NOW JUST KNOCK IT OFF ALREADY!!!"
"WHY DO YOU HAVE SUCH AN ISSUE WITH MY FEELINGS?!?!?!" He stands up.
"BECAUSE I DON'T WANNA MISUNDERSTAND AGAIN!!"
"MISUNDERSTAND WHAT?!?!?!"
"MISUNDERSTAND YOUR PATHETIC FEELINGS!!"
"PATHETIC-" He grabs your shoulders. "I LIKE YOU, DANG IT!! I LIKE YOU AND IT'S PATHETIC?!?! FOR SOMEONE SO INSECURE, YOU'RE ACTING PRETTY ARROGANT!!"
A couple tears in your eyes, you look down at your feet. "But you don't like me the way I want you to like me, do you?"
"What are you even talking about?"
"ROMANTICALLY, YOU IDIOT!! I WANT YOU TO WANT ME THE SAME WAY I WANT YOU!!" Shoving his arms off of you, you don't hold back. "AND YOU NEVER WILL BECAUSE I'M NOTHING COMPARED TO YOU!! YOU'RE GOOD-LOOKING, YOU'RE SMART, YOURE TALENTED, YOU'"RE ATHLETIC, AND YOU'RE A GREAT PERSON ON THE INSIDE!! AND WHAT MAKES THIS HURT IS THE FACT THAT YOU ACT SO CASUAL WHEN FLIRTING WHEN I KNOW IT'S JUST A JOKE!!"
"So... I'm just.. a joke to you?"
"What do you want me to say? That I believe your bull crap about being interested?"
"Bull crap? Really? You're not making any sense. I thought you wanted me to like you. It's your turn to shut up. I do like you romantically, and yeah, I've been interested this whole time. I just wanted you to be aware. I didn't wanna have some crazy runaround or anything. Sheesh."
"Wait...you really mean that?"
"Yes. I wouldn't have said it otherwise."
You start to laugh, then snack yourself in the forehead. "I'm such an idiot...I can't believe I just humiliated myself like this."
"Chibi-Chan," he touches your cheek. "I had a whole confession planned out, but you ruined it."
"S- sorry."
Feeling the heat on your face, he smirks. "Well, can I at least do what I had planned?"
You laugh. "Okay. Go."
"I like you so much that I think about you all day and all night. The moment you walked into the classroom just had to have you. And, while we're on the topic, I gotta say, you must be made of beryllium, gold, and titanium, because you're BeAuTi-ful."
You burst into a laugh, then start hiccuping from your former crying fit. "Gosh, that was corny."
"What? I thought it was fitting." He taps your nose. "Well? Whaddya say? Be my girlfriend?"
"You mean to tell me, that we haven't even gone on a single date, and you wanna rush and already agree to be in an official relationship?"
Grinning, he replies, "Precisely.  After all, you're mine, right?"
"But... what if I change my mind? End up wanting another guy?"
Grin growing even wider, all he has to say is, "Then I'll have you break your necks."
When your smile falls, he knows that you've realized that he's not joking anymore. Almost in a rush, he brings his head down and kisses you, pushing you up against the wall. He brings his hands to your waist as he gives them a squeeze, finding them to be just as squishy as he imagined.
You're both interrupted, however, when an adult voice yells, "HEY!! NO MAKING OUT IN THE HALLS!!"
Seeming mortified, you push him away and run, though he only smiles at you. You're his now. Just as he'd planned.
Though, the process wasn't exactly what he had in mind,