3.) True Alpha?

Thomas's POV

I woke up this morning not knowing what to expect. I was still processing the events from yesterday. I was put in this place for a reason I don't know about, I don't remember anything except my name, and I have a strange connection to Newt.

Newt... I can't explain it but something about him draws me in and for some reason I just know I never felt like this about anybody before. He reminds me of someone, i just don't know who. He's beautiful and I can tell he's special. I shouldn't be thinking about him, he has a mate and mates are sacred in the werewolves society. You don't ever touch another wolf's mate and if you do there are extreme punishments.

I just hate this feeling like I'm forgetting something or someone important. It's so frustrating , but I can't dwell on it right now.
Alby will coming to get me soon. Newt told me yesterday Alby will come and take me to the garden. I don't think I'm cut out for garden work. I want to be a runner. Newt told me how they go into the Maze and they try to figure a way out. I just have this feeling like I have to be one. it's... I was pulled out my thoughts by the smell of an Alpha.

"Greenie, c'mon. I'll show you the gardens today." Alby said. I followed him to the gardens where he left me immediately. I looked around and smelled betas all around me. They were picking up vegetables and fruits. I didn't know what to do. Then I smelt something woodsy and vanilla. It was Newt.

"Hey Tommy" The cute omega said.

"Hey Newt. Is there anything I can do." I said doing my best to hide what i was feeling because he could smell my attraction if he wanted to.

"Yeah. Can you some wood from the forest. I know it's a boring job, but we got to start you some where, don't we?" Newt said smiling and radiating happiness while giving me an ax. (I wonder if it's because of me, but that stupid thought leaves as soon as it comes.

"Ok." I say  giving him a lop sided smile and a tilt of my head. He blushes but I think it's because of how hot it is outside.

I walk in the forest, lost in thought. What kind of people would put innocent people in this place? Unless we're not really innocent and have done something bad in our pasts. But if that was the case why couldn't they have put us in a normal prison?

I finally stopped at a random tree and start swinging the ax at it's base. I'm on my fourth swing when I hear something.

"hello. Is anyone out there?" I said trying to contain my smell of fear and anxiety.

It's a boy. This must be Ben. It's his gross appearance that explains he went through the changing. I only know about this because I tricked Chuck into telling what was happening when I heard screaming coming from the Homestead.

I drop the ax and start running when he tries to grab me. He keeps screaming" it's all your fault". I scream help as soon as I see the clearing out of the forest. I see Newt and some guys start running over when they see Ben tackle me to the ground with him on top of me.

But then it feels like a switched was turned on.

I use the rush of strength and speed I got and flipped us over so I was on top now straddling him. I pin his arms above his head and lean back when it looks like he's trying to bit me.

Then I stared deep into his eyes and said "Stop" strongly. He stops moving when he looks into my eyes and catches his breathe,  his smell radiating fear.

"Tommy." Newt says slightly breathless when he and the guys get near.

I look up from mine and Ben's staring contest slightly dazed. Newt catches he breathe and says "Bloody hell" In shock.

"What's wrong Newt?" I asked standing up when I know the guys that came with Newt grab Ben's arms pulling him away from me. Alby runs up demanding answers but stops short when he looks at me directly in the eyes. He's shocked too. Actually everyone around me is staring at me in shock.

"your eyes" Newt says.

"What about them?" I asked nervously because I was wondering why he was making a deal out of my hazel eyes.

"They're blue" Alby says surprised.

"What? How is that possible" I said not quiet believing them.

"You're a True Alpha." Newt finally says. I stare back at him in shock because how couldn't I have figured it out before. Shouldn't I have felt something but then I realized I did when Ben tackled me and I had a rush of power.

"Take Ben to the slammer. We'll talk more about this True Alpha klunk later Greenie." Alby says to us.

I growl at him in a threatening way that makes everybody freeze and bow their heads a bit even Alby's.

I think it's because I'm still in True Alpha mode. I don't remember much but I know the history of True Aplhas and how they behave. They don't like being told to do because they are the top of the chain and regular Alphas have no power over them.

Like an instinct I say "lift your heads and listen to Alby." They all quickly run off and now me, Newt and Alby are left standing.

"I'm sorry Gree.. Thomas." Alby says  apologizing, that shocks me but I understand why he did.

I close my eyes calming me self down. I can tell my the surprised expressions on their faces I went back to my normal self.

"it's ok. Sorry for growling, but you know." I say sheepishly

"It's fine. Everybody knows about True Alphas. They're rare and the most powerful. They don't like being told what to do." Alby says calmly but I can still smell fear, anxiety, shock radiating off he as he walks away.

I turn to Newt who is giving me an impressed look.

"I knew there was something special about you, Tommy." Newt says smiling softly. That comment makes me blush.

"Thanks Newt." I said smiling at him. I guess my hearing is better now that I discovered I'm a True Alpha because I can hear his heart speed up. We just keep staring into each other's eyes before I break our trance.

"Um... Can you please tell me everyday here isn't going to be like this?" i ask half jokingly but also half serious. I am still a bit shaken up about what happened with Ben. I don't want that to happen again.

"Let's hope not." Newt says laughing. His laugh calms me down instantly.

"C'mon, let's get some food." Newt says as we start walking towards the kitchen.

I hope you enjoyed this! Ok to explain some stuff about a True Alpha. They're the strongest wolf. Everybody listens to them because they are the most powerful so that's why normal Alphas like Alby listen to them. They're true Alphas because they are a bloodline from The first ever Werewolf Alpha hence why they are the strongest and are rare. Normal Alphas aren't related to The first Alpha werewolf so they aren't as powerful and follow The True Alpha if there is one because the head of the pack is the True Alpha's calling. They can either have an Alpha or Beta as their second in command. I'm thinking about adding a flashback next chapter because now since Thomas realizes he is a True Alpha, he will need some help from the past on how to control it, Won't he? ;)