7.) I'm here.

Enjoy!!

Nobody's POV

It seems like when every time he takes a step forward to understanding something, he's pulled three steps back.

Thomas is even more confused then he was before.

Confusion is the only thing that is consistent in his life right now.

It's familiar.

It's the only thing he can count on right now because it's what drives his curiosity.

His curiosity for answers that makes him different from everybody else.

He's curious about that boy Nico.

Questions swarming in his head.

Why is he is? He said my name, does that mean he remembers me? Why do I feel a connection to him?
Why do I feel so protective of him when I barely remember him?

Those questions unfortunately have to wait for later.

Right now he is worried for the beautiful blonde Angel leaning on a wooden post.

Thomas walks up to the quiet boy who's radiating sadness. He wants to away his sadness so badly but he knows he can't. He shouldn't be the one to make him happy, but his mate is in the maze and can't help.

"Newt, are you ok?" Thomas asks softly trying not to startle him. Mates are everything to werewolves. One thing that a wolf could never risk is their mate. Anything else, but never their mate.

"I'm fine... you know what I'm not. I'm not ok" Newt suddenly shouts, his eyes wild. He has this cage look in his eyes. This should scare Thomas but it doesn't. He quickly takes Newt into his arms hugging him, trying to shield him from his own pain.

"It's okay Newt. Everything is going to be okay." Thomas whispers gently into his ear trying to soothe him but it does the opposite.

"No it's not. Nobody makes it out alive if they say a night in the Maze. Nobody." Newt yells at Thomas yanking himself away from him but Thomas just takes him back into his arms. Newt breaks down in his arms, clinging to Thomas as he does.

"Shh. I got you Newt. I'm here." Thomas says softly, pulling him closer if that's even possible. They fit together like two puzzle pieces, complementing each other perfectly.

"You're here?" Newt asks quietly and not sure of himself. It breaks Thomas heart that he said it like that. Like he's scared Thomas will just drop him and leave him in a second for somebody else, for somebody better.

"I'm here" Thomas reassuringly. They might only have known each other for barely a week now but Thomas knows he would never leave this boy like that. He cares to much for him to do that.

Newt doesn't say anything after that. He rests his head on Thomas 's shoulder sighing gently. He radiates happiness and content. It makes Thomas feel warm all over that he can make Newt feel that way. They stay like that holding each other, neither wanting to let go.

Soon the peaceful atmosphere  is broken and there are shouts from the other guys near the opening of the doors.

They break apart and hurry to where the group of boys are standing.

It's Alby and Minho. Minho is trying to carry Alby. Thomas can tell Alby is in bad shape. The doors are starting to close. Thomas has to do something. He needs to do something. He has to atleast try. So without thinking he rushes in the maze before the doors close.

All you could hear was a desperate cry "Tommy No" and the others screaming Thomas. He makes it.  He turns around right as the doors close.

Thomas is staring right at the close doors knowing that everybody especially Newt probably thinks he's dead. He misses Minho saying sarcastically "Great job shank", he's distracted.

It sounds like somebody in the back of his head is whispering to him. It kind of sounds like the boy Nico in his dream only a bit deeper.

The voice is saying the same thing over and over again like a broken record player before it suddenly stops.

It was saying,

"Be Careful Bambi"

I Will. Thomas says back in his head.

Oooo was that from a memory or was that actually Nico talking to him but how could that be when he's still unconscious?? Lol! Yayyy! I  undated! I re-wrote this chapter 3 times before I finally was okay with it. Please comment/vote! Thanks for reading!!