9.) A Chance

Finally!! Enjoy!

Thomas's POV

"Do you know him?" Newt asks angrily crossing his arms over his chest.

I don't know if I can tell him. It's to complicated right now to explain how I know him when I don't even fully know the answer myself. So I go with a kind of lie.

"No." I say shaking my head as I stare at the unconscious dark hair boy on the bed. He's familiar but I'm sensing that Newt wouldn't like that answer.

"well he obviously seems to know you. Why would he be saying you name if he didn't." Newt says still angry and jealous. That can't be possible. His mate is sleeping across the room that the Medjacks put him on.

"I don't know" I say and that's the truth. I don't know why he said my name. I have to wait until Nico awakes and ask him if he remembers anything. Newt scoffs at my answer making me suddenly angry. It's not my fault I can't remember. His attitude since we got here to check on Nico and Alby has been bitter.

"I'm telling the truth Newt. And what's up with the interrogation. Shouldn't you be worrying about your mate. You know your boyfriend." I say back angrily. I'm not jealous, I'm just frustrated how his attitude has been towards this thing with Nico and me. Yeah that's it!( or is it?)

"Boyfriend? What the bloody are you talking about Tommy? Yes he's my mate but not like that." Newt says back incredulously.

"Wait. What do you mean?" I asked all my anger evaporating only leaving confusion.

"Yes he is my mate but just the title. Me and him aren't real mates. When I first came here I was in heat and was the only Omega at the time so Alby decided to take me as his mate but only with the title to stop the other Alphas from trying to jump me. He locked me up in the homestead so I could go through the heat. We aren't actually mated and we don't have feeling for each other." Newt confesses shocking me. I thought they were together as in real mates.

"Oh. I thought you two were actually together. Nobody said anything otherwise so that's why I thought that. Chuck only told me you were his mate so you know." I say sheepishly but inside I'm happy. He's single. I have a chance to be with him.

"No Tommy. We aren't together,I don't have the mating bite. I guess Chuck forgot to explain that." Newt says giggling and I join shortly after.

"And besides I have an eye on someone else" Newt says confidently titling his head to the side, staring into my eyes. It sends shocks throughout my body. The way he is looking at me makes me think he's talking about me. I have the sudden urge to just kiss him senseless. As I starting leaning closer to him I'm broken out of my trance as I hear a groan.

I quickly turn my head to the bed. It's Nico. He's waking up.

I'm just gonna end it right there! Damn Nico just had to wake up, Right? But hey atleast Thomas knows Newt is really single now! ;) I probably won't have an enough time for this story because I'm writing another Newtmas story but I will try. The first chapter for my new story will be posted today so please go check that out when that happens! Please comment/vote!!