Chapter 27

🎈CHAPTER 27🎈

•°Corinne's POV°•

Arriving at the Inn, some of us were more eager to leave than others. "Let's get our shit and get the fuck out of here." Richie states determined to get out of this town.

"Did you leave your stuff here?" Eddie asks Ben.

"No, my stuff's still in the car.." Ben says, I knew very well he followed us in to get answers. Beverly threw us a drink, and I happily downed it. Ben came sitting right infront of me, not looking away.

"Tell me." Was the first thing he said, we looked up at him, as I ask, "What am i suppose to tell you?"

"Whatever it is you're afraid to tell me right now." Ben says softly staring into my eyes, but it was obvious it wasn't just something me and Beverly could bring up.

I put my drink down walking towards the reception. "Cori. Bev. Back at the Jade when Beverly was on the phone with Stanley's... Stop." Ben says, standing infront of us, stopping us from going any further. "She told you that she found him in the bathtub, but I saw you two, I heard it. Both of you said it first." Ben states, not taking his eyes of us.

"Whatever you guys are talking about, let's make it happen faster, all right? We gotta go." Richie states, appearing out of the blue with all of his bags. "Eduardo, andale! Let's go!" He yells by the stairs.

"There's something you two aren't telling us. You guys knew how Stanley died. You knew." Ben states, his eyes were sad, that line alone grabbed Richie's attention too. "Wait, what?" He asks.

"I can't do this." Beverly says, walking past Ben, pulling me with her. "They knew how Stanley was going to die, is that what they just said?" Richie asked, confused of what he just heard, and with the footsteps behind us, I could tell Ben was following us.

"You guys can't just walk away from this." Ben says, Beverly started ringing the bell at the reception. "How did you know where he killed himself?" Ben asks, my nerves started eating at me, I was starting to feel pressured with all of this.

"Cori. Bev."

I walked around to get something from behind the counter, but Ben distracted me as he spoke up once again. "Talk to me. Just talk to me Corinne, like we used to. Come on, how did you know?" I looked up at him, glancing at Beverly, who silently gave me a nod, I looked back into his eyes.

"Because we saw it. We've seen every single one of us die." I told him, having him stare at me with wide eyes.

"Okay, I just got to grab my toiletry bag, and then we can go." Eddie says coming from down the stairs with his bags, when he sat them down, looking up, to see the expressions on all our faces.

"What'd I miss?" Eddie asks, staring at all of us.

"Cori and Bev apparently saw all of us die." Richie points out, Eddie end up having the same reaction Richie had, we went to take a seat in the lounge to discuss this further.

"Okay. So, what do you mean that you've seen us all die?" Eddie asks nervously, after he was pacing the floor trying to wrap his head around what he was just told.

"Yeah, cause I gotta be honest, that's a fucked up thing to just drop on somebody." Richie says, I was seated next to Beverly comforting her, as she was crying, I was the only one who knew how she was feeling about this. "Every night since Derry, I've been having these nightmares." Beverly tells them.

"There's always people in a lot of pain, and people dying. People..." I couldn't finish my sentence seeing Ben staring at me with worry and sadness, I didn't want to be pitied.

"So, you guys have nightmares. I have nightmares. People, they have nightmares, but that doesn't mean that your visions are true." Eddie says, looking even more nervous than before.

"I've watched every single one of us..." Beverly says trailing off.

"You've seen every single one of us what?" Bill asks, appearing out of nowhere, with Mike following him. "At the place that Stanley wound up. That's how we end." Bev tells him tearfully.

"Okay, how come the rest of us aren't seeing that shit? I mean, what makes them so different?" Richie asks, pointing at the two of us.

"The deadlights." Mike states.

"The Deadlights." Bill repeats, looking at the two of us. Flashes of that day, were Pennywise realized we weren't afraid of him, when he opened his mouth, three lights were at the back of his throat. "They were the only one's that got caught in the Deadlights that day." Bill says in realization, it made sense.

"We were all touched by it. Changed. Deep down, like an infection, or a virus. A virus. You understand. That virus, it's been growing for 27 years. This whole time, metastasizing. It just got to Stan first, because..." Mike explains, but he got cut off by Richie. "He was the weakest."

"Jesus Christ, Rich."

"Just saying what everyone else is thinking, man." Richie says.

"I mean, Rich, come on. What Beverly and Corinne sees, it will come to pass. It's what'll happen to all of us eventually, unless we stop it." Mike tells us.

"How the hell are we supposed to do that?" Eddie questions.

"The ritual of Chud." Mike states. "The Shokopiwah. The first ones who fought It, they have a saying. 'All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit'." He adds.

"A tribal ritual?" Richie asks, from behind the bar. "Are you fucking kidding me, man? All right, there's gotta be another way. Okay? This thing comes back, what, every 27 years? Let's just kick the can down the road and do it then." Richie states.

"Wait, we'll be 70 years old, asshole." Eddie points out, Richie staring at him shocked.

"Sorry to be a bearer of bad news but it doesn't work like that, not a single one of us here makes it another 20 years, and thrust me it doesn't happen in a pleasant way." I say, it was hard speaking up, but Ben sitting next to me with a comforting arm around my shoulders made it a little better, Richie took a shot, looking really worried.

"So, if we don't beat it, this cycle, then... We die." Ben mutters, staring straight ahead.

"Horribly." Eddie says.

"Yeah, I don't need the horribly part." Richie tells Eddie.

"I didn't say it. They said it. Not me." Eddie points out.

"All right, guys, look, I've seen w-what he's talking about, and it's all true. It's the only way. If we want this ritual to work... " Bill says, but got cut off by Mike. "We have to remember."

"Remember what?" Richie questions staring at Mike.

"it's better if I show you. We don't have much time, his cycle will end soon, and once it does..." Mike says, just as Eddie stated, "We're fucked."

°•Unedited•°