The Beginning

September 7th 2009

It's the first day of school which should mean that his siblings get up bright and early to get there on time. It should mean that his mom or dad makes breakfast for them in the morning for them as they groan and whine about having to go back to the torture that is high school. It should mean that Stiles gets a full night of sleep.

None of those things are true though, because instead of getting a full night of sleep, Stiles woke up at 3am from yet another nightmare. He's been having them since he turned 15 he's now 17. 2 years worth of nightmares, you'd think Stiles would be used to them by now or at least know what they're about. He doesn't, it pisses him off.

Instead of having parents to make breakfast it's Stiles doing the cooking, because they don't have parents. Well that's not true. They have a mother but she's at some beach with some new boy-toy. His father is dead, died before Stiles was born. Something to do with gang violence apparently. His mom really knows how to pick em. His other siblings are unsure about who their father is. They know that they have the same father who left when it became apparent that their mother cheated with Stiles' father.

Vicki, his older sister and oldest sibling barely remembers her father and Matt his twin was a baby when the man left. Now, I bet your wondering how that is possible, how can Stiles and Matt be twins with different fathers. Easily. Superfecundation is the fertilization of two or more ova (eggs) from the same cycle by sperm from separate acts of sexual intercourse, which can lead to twin babies from two separate biological fathers. Basically momma released two eggs instead of one, had sex with two different guys and got knocked up by them both.

And that is how Stiles came out with a tuft of brown hair and Matt came out with white blond hair that practically glows in the sunlight. It is also how their mother became known as the town whore and likely why she rarely if ever stays in this place. Which leaves all of the adulting to her kids.

"Get up you lazy asses!" Stiles yells as he bangs on Matt and Vicki's doors.

He hears vague grumbling from Vicki's room, making it clear the girl is likely hungover. Matt on the other hand opens his door to reveal him in a towel.

"I'm up." Matt informs.

"Congratulations." Stiles snarks. "I've made breakfast so put on some clothes please."

"Yes dad." Matt says sarcastically.

"Sarcasm is my thing young man." Stiles says as the door closes in his face.

"You're older than me by a minute!" Matt calls out.

"And what a beautiful minute that was!" Stiles yells back.

Vicki's door slams open, making the door handle hit the wall.

"Would you two shut up. It's too early for you to be yelling." Vicki huffs.

"I made pancakes." Stiles offers.

"Thank god. I need something to soak up last nights party." Vicki grumbles.

"Partying the night before school starts, excellent idea Vick." Stiles teases before heading back to the kitchen to eat his breakfast.

"Bite me!" Vicki calls out before groaning as her volume makes the hangover worsen.

#####

After the family has eaten, Matt put the dishes in the sink for him to do later. Then they head to school and by that Stiles means that Vicki drives them because they are one of the poorer families in Mystic Falls and can only afford one car. Vicki and Stiles are usually the ones driving it though on account of Matt getting rides with his football team buddies.