Consequences

February 14th 2010

It's been a week since the Miss Mystic Falls pageant and Stiles hasn't seen either Elena or Stefan. Damon hasn't been coming into the bar much. As a result Stiles had no idea what was happening with Stefan. Thankfully though, Alaric kept coming into the Grill and sitting at the bar. Surprisingly Alaric and Damon have become...friends? Close acquaintances? Stiles isn't sure.

And Stiles has been learning about Stefan's rehabilitation from him. Now you may be asking why Stiles wants to know about Stefan and his blood lust and the answer is simple, if Stefan goes off the deep end, Stiles has an excuse to harm, hurt, torture, the vampire. As long as he doesn't kill Stefan, Damon has no reason to take revenge. Unfortunately, according to Alaric, Stefan seems to be all better.

"So, he's fine now?" Stiles double checks.

"You sound disappointed." Alaric points out. "It's a good thing that he'll no longer be attacking the locals."

Stiles stays quiet for a couple of seconds before opening his mouth, only to pause when a brunette woman stands next to Alaric.

"Hello Ric." The woman greet.

Stiles watches as Alaric tenses and slowly turns to face the woman.

"Isobel." Alaric states.

The dead ex-wife?

"It's good to see you. You look good. I hear that you're a high school history teacher? How is that?" Isobel inquires.

"Where have you been, Isobel?" Alaric questions.

"I don't have any reasons that are going to comfort you. I don't have any explanations that are going to satisfy you. I wanted this." Isobel informs.

Oh, she's a vampire.

Alaric isn't surprised by this fact...Stiles hates being out of the loop.

"It's that simple?" Alaric asks.

"Yeah. You were supposed to mourn me, and move on." Isobel explains.

"You were my wife and I loved you. How could I not search for you?" Alaric queries.

"Because I wasn't lost, Ric." Isobel states.

She takes a napkin from the bar and writes something down on it.

"I understand that you know my daughter Elena-" Stiles can't help the noise that leaves his lips at that information. "And I hear she's been looking for me, so...I want you to arrange for a meeting with us."

"You want me to deliver a message?" Alaric asks, sounding pissed.

"Yeah." Isobel smiles.

Stiles can't help watching what is sure to be Alaric's breaking point.

"Screw you. You selfish bitch." Alaric snaps before turning and walking out.

Isobel doesn't leave after him straight away like Stiles expected her too. No instead she turns to look at him.

"Katherine is fascinated with you. You live, you love, you die and then you make the same mistake over and over again." Isobel smirks at him, like she knows something he doesn't.

"She's just pissed that her family was massacred because she killed me." Stiles says, making a massive guess with what little information he has.

Isobel's smirk disappears.

"You remember." She breathes out, shocked.

#####

Stiles is in an old car, like really old. Cars weren't invented until until 1886, Stiles had a project for history and learnt all about old cars instead of researching the actual topic. And because that he's pretty sure that he's sitting on an Oldsmobile Curved Dash, one of the first mass-produced cars in America. Came out in 1901, so it's either 1901 or later. That's good to know.