Abominations

November 30th 2009

Stiles hasn't been sleeping very well since Sheila came to his house and basically threatened him to stay away from Bonnie. He already thought his sleeping was bad but it became much worse afterwards. He's been having constant nightmares of people calling him all sorts of names and throwing things at him. He's also pretty certain that he had a dream with his mother, well no, not his mother but whoever birthed dream him.

He wants to ask Bonnie about why her grandmother threatened him but he also doesn't want to risk bonnie telling her grandmother about him ignoring her warning. It does not help that Bonnie has been actively ignoring him. All Stiles wants to know is what on earth siphoning is with regards to magic and why that makes him dangerous and an abomination. But for that he'd have to ask Sheila and that just doesn't seem like a good idea to him.

Stiles watches as Bonnie rushes into the history classroom at the last minute, she looks disheveled and like she hasn't been sleeping. It makes Stiles wonder if Magic users are just destined for bad sleep, or maybe Bonnie, like Stiles, is dreaming of...what exactly? Past lives? The very notion has Stiles having to hide a snort of laughter.

"Good morning everyone. Alrighty." Their new history teacher says as he stands in front of the whole class.

"Alaric Saltzman. It's a mouthful, I know. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Saltzman is of German origins. My family emigrated here in 1755 to Texas. I, however, was born and raised in Boston. Now the name Alaric belongs to a very dead great-grandfather I will never be able to thank enough. You'll probably want to pronounce it 'Aleric' but it's 'Alaric' okay? So you can call me Ric. I'm your new history teacher." Mr Saltzman introduces himself.

Stiles almost immediately stops paying attention as his tiredness catches up with him. He did not sleep last night and he had a shift at the Grill. He's still working extra on account of Vicki having been gone for almost a month. Thankfully they have finally paid off the hospital bill now that their insurance has gotten their act together, but now he's got to get them caught up on the bills they let slide before people start turning off their water or electrics.

#####

"Mr Stilinski?" Mr Saltzman calls out as the class start to leave.

A couple students 'oooh' as he's likely getting in trouble for falling asleep in class, but they other continue on their way.

"Yes?" Stiles asks when everyone else has left.

"Don't worry, you aren't in trouble. I know that you're the top scorer in this class and many of your other ones. The teachers are also massive gossips so I know more about you and your family than I wish I did, so I am aware of how hard you've been working since your sister disappeared."Mr Saltzman explains.

"Oh..." Stiles sighs.

"I just want to know if there is anything myself and the other teachers can do to help make your life a little bit easier and hopefully stop you falling asleep in class." Mr Saltzman informs.

"Less homework would be great. Or at least no group projects. I can get most of everything done by myself but group projects require blocking out time to meet up and such and I just don't have the time for that right now." Stiles suggests.

"Okay, I can talk to your other teachers about letting you do projects by yourself but no homework isn't something they'll agree too. However, I think I could get them to agree to giving you more leeway when it comes to deadlines, give you some breathing room." Mr Saltzman offers.

"Yes, please. That would be great." Stiles nods.

"Okay, I'll see what I can do. Have a good day." Mr Saltzman says making it clear that their conversation is over.