Out With The Old, In With The New

February 25th 2010

"How's Caroline?" Is the first thing out of Bonnie's mouth when she arrives and Stiles can't help the flinch that comes with the question.

"She's not good, Bon." Matt answers.

"What happened?" Bonnie inquires.

"Tyler was driving...he heard a noise..." Stiles trails off hoping he doesn't look as guilty as he feels.

"A noise?" Bonnie looks at him in shock.

"He got the migraine or something and he lost control of the car and I thought that Caroline was fine and then...and then she wasn't so..." Matt shrugs.

"Matt, why don't you go and get yourself something to drink?" Bonnie suggests.

"I don't need..." Matt starts.

"Yes you do, you've been here who knows how long and Caroline would freak if she woke up to find you not taking care of yourself." Bonnie points out.

"Yeah...yeah your right. Do you want something?" Matt asks him.

"Please." Stiles nods.

Matt gets up and walks off down the hall.

"This isn't your fault." Bonnie says the moment Matt is far enough away to not hear them.

"That's not true. If I had just deactivated the device..." Stiles starts.

"Then everyone on the founders council would be dead. As would many others." Bonnie finishes.

"What?" Stiles asks.

"The tomb vampires, they were there tonight, in the crowd. They had a plan to kill of members of the founding families as the fireworks went off. If you had deactivated the device they would all be dead and we'd be left dealing with the fallout." Bonnie reassures.

"But still, Caroline." Stiles reminds.

"Yeah about that, Tyler's a vampire?" Bonnie questions.

"That's the thing, he isn't. I checked. I have no idea why the device worked on him." Stiles informs.

"Bonnie!" A voice calls out causing them both to look towards it.

The spot Elena rushing over to them.

"How's Caroline." Elena inquires.

"She's weak. They don't know if she's going to make it." Stiles answers.

"What?!" Elena exclaims. "Is there anything you can do? Like a spell or something?" Elena questions.

"They don't know how, do you?" Damon's voice mocks as he walks over.

"No, we don't." Bonnie answers.

"My dreams haven't touched on healing magic yet." Stiles adds. "But I know several ways to fuck up a vampire."

Damon gives Stiles a tight-lipped smile before turning to Elena.

"I can give Caroline some blood." Damon states.

"No, no way." Elena denies.

"No, just enough to heal her. She'll be safe in the hospital and it will be out of her system in a day, she will be better Elena." Damon points out.

"It's too risky, I can't agree to that." Elena shakes her head.

"I can." Stiles says.

"Me too, do it." Bonnie orders then spots Elena's disbelieving face. "This is Caroline. We can't just let her die. Do it."