The Legend

December 7th 2009

Stiles feels bad and relieved at the fact that Matt is signing up to work at the Grill. Bad because Matt's only doing it to make Stiles' life easier. And relieved because well, Stiles' life is going to end up being easier.

"No, no. You need to write that you're willing to work all hours outside of school." Stiles corrects.

"But what if I have a game?" Matt questions.

"A, you don't and likely won't until next year when the find a new football coach. B, when you do eventually have a game you can just switch shifts with someone. But if you want the job then you need to lie." Stiles explains.

"Shouldn't you be focusing on the customers?" Matt asks.

"What customers, this place is practically empty." Stiles points out.

"Bonnie and Elena?" Matt reminds.

"They aren't sat in my area." Stiles defends weakly.

Matt opens his mouth to say something that will likely leave Stiles feeling bad for ignoring the two girls but he get interrupted.

"Matt Donovan. What do you know?" Ben, one of their bartenders greets.

"Ben McKittrick. What's up, man?" Matt laughs.

"Rough season, bud." Ben grimaces.

"What season? They haven't played a game." Matt elbows Stiles in the stomach. "Ass."

"You gonna be working here?" Ben inquires.

"Yep, following in your footsteps, minus the state championship." Matt shrugs.

"Well, we can't all be Football gods." Ben jokes. "You helping him?"

"Yes, it's his first job application. For some reason he thinks being truthful will get him the job." Stiles teases.

"Oh yeah, no. You need to lie on that thing until Robert and Roberta think you've got sunshine flowing out of your behind." Ben agrees with Stiles. "So what's the plan? Cook line?"

"Please, he can't cook to save his life." Stiles scoffs.

"Busboy." Matt answers.

"Which will also leave you open to being a server and bartender. Smart." Ben nods.

"Thank you." Stiles smiles.

"Does this mean that you'll be cutting down on your shifts?" Ben asks Stiles.

"Yes. Still got to work the ones I've already promised but after that I am free to go back to usual." Stiles says.

"Good, you had everyone here worried that you'd pass out from working yourself to the bone." Ben tells him.

"I'm fine...but Bonnie isn't." Stiles sighs as he watches Damon intimidate the witch. "Would you mind, going over there and checking on her?"

"Yeah." Ben agrees before walking away.

"Why didn't you just go over?" Matt questions.

"Because me and Bonnie are having a difference of opinion." Stiles states.

The opinion being her grandmothers but still.

#####

Matt ended up getting hired and put to work the next day. Which meant that he and Stiles ended up missing the decade dance at the school. Stiles is honestly surprised that the Grill is even open during a school activity considering practically no one shows up and he's sure the use of electrics costs more than whatever money they make.