Broken Hearted

January 30th 2010

Matt is walking with Elena through the school hallways. She's just told him about her uncle John staying with them.

"He said his trip is open ended." Elena huffs.

"Uncle John, I never really liked that guy." Matt shakes his head.

Uncle John has been and forever will be an ass.

"Does anyone?" Elena jokes.

"I'm here for moral support if you need me." Matt offers.

"Thanks, I think I'll suffer this one alone; you've been through enough." Elena says.

"Thank you by the way, for just...for everything you did at Vicki's funeral and the memorial. I couldn't have done it without you." Matt informs.

"Of course, Matt. But um...how is Stiles now? Is he still...you know...devoid of emotions?" Elena questions.

"No, no, Stiles has gotten past that stage and has now moved onto switching between devastation and anger." Matt explains.

"I remember that stage. Not fun. So, was Caroline still baking for you guys, a round the clock?" Elena inquires.

"She finally went to her dads, which is good because I wasn't sure who would break first and strangle her. My mom or Stiles." Matt states.

The bell rings signaling that it's five minutes before lessons start. It causes them to break apart and head to their classes. Matt can't help but hope that focusing on school will help Stiles, at least a little bit. His brother is just so angry at the moment.

#####

Stiles is wearing a suit. Stiles does not want to be wearing a suit, or standing in front of Tyler and his father. He wants to be at home where he can plan out the Salvatore's deaths. They lied to him, they said that Vicki had left town, that she was fine. Well, no. Damon had said that, Stefan just apologised, explained nothing and walked off. And it's because of that reaction that Stiles is certain that they are the reason Vicki is dead and as a result, he's going to kill them.

"I'm so glad you could join us tonight." The mayor says to Stiles' mother.

"It was nice of you to reach out to us." Kelly says, sounding bored.

"This town is one big family, when we lose a member we all have to come together." Stiles wants to slap him.

One big family? Where was this family when they were close to losing their house? Where was this family when Vicki first started taking drugs? Where was this family when their mom left? Yep, Stiles wants to slap that fake, concerned smile straight off the mayors face.

"Matt, Stiles." The mayor acknowledges them before turning and walking off.

"Well I guess dead kid rate a special greeting form the mayor, huh?" Their mother scoff.

"I should have slapped him." Stiles states.

"Now that would have been a start to a party." His mother grins.

"Both of you stop it." Matt scolds.

"I need a drink." Kelly huffs before walking away.

Stiles looks away from the disappointed gaze of his brother and spots Stefan and Damon standing side by side in the parking lot.

"I'll be right back." Stiles tells Matt before heading towards the vampires.

Maybe murdering them is a little too far. Maybe they have an excellent reason for not telling him about Vicki. Maybe it isn't their fault she died and it was just an accident or one of the other vampires that were in town at the time. Stiles isn't going to know until he asks.