Vicki

October 31st 2009

Stiles has been having a rough time ever since that day at the Salvatore boarding house a month ago. First, he's been researching and trying to find out what the hell he is, he hasn't gotten very far because the internet is cruel mistress. Second, Vicki is staying at the Salvatore's until she can control her new vampire urges and as a result of this she hasn't gone to work which means that Matt and Stiles are having to survive off of Stiles salary.

And considering the hospital bills that they still have to fully pay off and the house bills plus gas for the car, Stiles has been working himself to the bone. Third, Stiles is still reeling over the fact that vampires and witches are real and his sister is one. And lastly he can't tell Matt any of this. Which means that his brother has been worrying non stop about Vicki's whereabouts.

Matt is terrified at the idea of losing their sister. Or any sibling really, which means he's been keeping tabs on Stiles and basically following him around constantly. As a result of this Stiles hasn't had the chance to visit Vicki, which makes him feel like a bad brother. He's been calling and texting with Stefan and Vicki to be kept up to date on how she's doing but the calls have always had to be brief because Matt will ask who Stiles is talking too and Stiles hates lying to him.

So, Stiles feels like he's drowning and there is nothing he can do about that. All he wants to do is learn more about himself and his apparent magic but life isn't fair so he's left working and wondering and going to school. Which is where he is currently, walking side by side with Matt as they walk to his locker. Matt's phone rings causing Matt to pull it out and answer it without looking.

"Yeah?" Matt greets.

...

"Vicki?" Stiles' head snaps to look at Matt.

He watches that hopeful look in his eyes grow as he holds onto the phone tighter.

"Where are you? Are you okay?" Matt questions.

...

"Tell me where you are, and I'll come get you." Matt promises.

...

Stiles watches as that hope disappears as Matt pulls the phone away from his ear and stares at it in disbelief.

"What did she say?"Stiles inquires.

"She said that she needed to figure some things out and that she's okay but to please not worry. How can I not worry? She's been missing for a month!" Matt exclaims.

"I don't know Matt...I don't know." Stiles sighs.

#####

"Was our family burned in the witch trials?" Bonnie asks her grandmother.

Ever since she accidently set fire to that car at the car wash, she's been staying here and learning more and more about being a witch. She had thought it would be more fun, practicing magic but Grams is stubborn and won't let her practice until she's learned the theory behind it.

"No, the girls that were persecuted in Salem were entirely innocent. You have to have more than ignorance to trap a real witch." Grams answers.

"How did we end up in Mystic Falls?" Bonnie inquires.

"Our family fled Salem in 1692 and relocated here. Our ancestors lived in secrecy for over a hundred years. It's important that we still do." Grams informs.

"Grams, everybody knows you're a witch." Bonnie reminds.

"They also know it's absurd, can't be true. I'm just a kooky lady that teaches occult at the university. No one really believes. They just poke fun. And let 'em. Don't let them know the truth." Grams states.