chapter 2

I breathe out in relief when I open my eyes to a brightly lit room.

Wait!! This is not my room!!!

My room doesn't receive any sunlight!! It's like a rathole!!

I wince at my thoughts.

I panic and start banging my head on the unfamiliar floor, wanting to die before getting killed a second time.

I groan out when I realise that I am a coward and not brave enough to kill myself.

As if my groan was heard, I see a jug in the far end of the room.

At this point, I don't even care if it is poisoned. At least I will die and then be a peaceful ghost.

Without thinking once, I rub the jug stupidly.

Hehe. Did I tell you I am a big fan of Aladdin?

What I see next makes me faint.

When I wake up, I feel dryness in my mouth. The green giant that came out of the jug stared back at me.

I couldn't describe his face or form. It changed everytime my eyes blinked.

I watched in awe, my eyes sparkling.

"Are you God?"

The figure seemed to have heard my stupid question. I mentally facepalm myself. What kind of a question was that?

Slow, deep chuckles came from his side as his bulky body shook and he even rubbed his eyes as tears came out from laughing.

My sentence wasn't that funny right?

Why does he not stop laughing.

Okay, I am embarrassed now!

An eternity passes when he stops.

I sigh.

"Forgive me, my dear. That was the first time I heard that in all my career!!"

I ignore his eccentricity. "So, who are you?"

A green aura builds up around him and his eyes glimmer, they shift colours again. "I am an agent to God. I will be your genie and escort to the afterlife."

Woah! That sentence came out mechanical, like he had rehearsed it 40 million times.

He laughs. This time, I don't know the reason.

When he stops, he says, "I can hear your thoughts, young lady!"

I feel as if I got an electric shock.

"Woah! Then am I really dead? Where do I go after this? Do I live again or stay stuck between two realms?"

"Young lady, stop fantasizing too much. This is not one of your fanfictions!"

I blush and lower my gaze at that.

"So you know all about me?"

"Yes," he winks at me annoyingly.

I scoff unknowingly. "So what will happen to me now? Will I be here for the rest of the days?"

"No."

I frustratedly try to grab his arm, "Why don't you speak in understandable full sentences so that we can really communicate?"

He clears his throat.

"So, all you have to do is make three wishes. They must strictly pertain to you, don't involve anyone else. That would result in that person dying and coming here with you and being stuck here forever. You may begin..."