3.5

I shout out. "Hongjoong, Reef is chasing you and half your crew is out."

He looks at me wide eyed. Of course, he is surprised. I just did the same thing I warned Daryl against. I entered someone's room without knocking. This could have severe consequences.

But, he just nods and stomps his foot once. Without delay, I hear loud commotion outside. He gets up and I also leave with him, not forgetting to bolt the door.

How did his crew know? That surprises me. No wonder they rule the seas. I thought they were dumb as to send more than half of the crew out with no one at crow's nest.

As if he heard my question, he chuckles again.

"It is called baiting fish. They see we are vulnerable and they attack. Too bad they always end up fleeing."

He clicks his tongue and drops the empty wine bottle he held in his hand. Ouch! That must have been expensive. He could like stuff a letter in the bottle and then throw it into the sea.

He goes and announces, "Prepare for battle!!"

Without delay, the same man who wore the hideous red coat starts bustling about, shouting orders to the gun crew and also to the ones in hand to hand combat.

I watch the scene with interest. I guess Hongjoong notices that. He says, "Go inside or you'll be cannon fodder before you know it. Their cannons hit hard."

And he ushers me inside his cabin. I repeat- his cabin. I'll go crazy at this rate. That means he some kind of cares for me?

No, that can't be. I am being too imaginative again. If he really cared, he wouldn't have left me in the market all by myself.

I cup my face and debate whether to sit on the bed or on the ground. Will he be offended if I sit on his property? Well the whole ship is technically his property. So, if he lets me sleep in my room, he should have no objection to me being in his.

I kick away my shoes and take a look around. The room is fairly clean with plain accessories around, like some reminders of the past.

A blue gem, a collection of old and new currency and herbs. A man of culture, I see.

Suddenly, the ship violently jerks and I lurch backwards.

I don't realise when I hit my head on the wooden bed, neither when I faint nor when fresh blood draws out my wound.

My eyes close. I know it's not the end, but it feels hurt. It pains. The throb in the head was a near death experience.

When my eyes open again, I am in an unfamiliar room. The surroundings are not messy, but not clean either. The first thing I notice is the extremely herb-like scent or smell I don't know what to call it.

It doesn't take too long to realise that I am in the sickbay. I look around. A man is sitting on my bed, his back towards me. From the back, I can judge enough to say that he must be a handsome guy. Back magic, you know?

I sigh. He seems to have heard it. The man turns around. I wouldn't lie. He is one of the most beautiful men I have ever seen. And I have seen Ateez so my standards are going up everyday.

With jet black hair that are pushed back and black eyes with bushy eyebrows and a defined jawline, he has a manly charm. His straight nose and kissable cherry lips are beautiful.

I gape at him but his worry seems to overlook me thirsting over him.

I guess it's just normal for him. He speaks up, "Uh miss-"

"Lily, name's Lily."

He smiles. "Miss Lily, if you're confused, you're in the sickbay. You can call me doctor Yang. You got a wound on your head when a cannon hit the ship. Captain brought you here."