3.7

He menacingly glares at me, making me scoot back and rest my head against the rail. I cower in fear and curl up into a ball against the rail.

"Why you-"

Before he can finish, the red coat guy, Minjun, shouts out aloud, "They are gone!!"

I sigh out in relief. Hongjoong looks up in shock.

Minjun rushes to him and says, "Captain, their big frigate occupied the whole channel. Their helmsman did not see the iceberg and crashed into it."

Then Hongjoong just pushes him away and goes back into his room.

I am mortified at his actions. I don't realise when I stop blinking. I don't notice when and how doctor Yang is at my side to tell me, "Blink, Lily, blink. You're going to hurt your eyes."

He grins at me, "You saved us all. Even Captain hadn't thought of that."

At his sweet words, I just can't help myself.

My eyes finally begin to tear up as I put my arms around his torso and weep into his shoulder. His hands awkwardly circle the air around my waist.

"What do I do, doctor?"

I am surprised how good I sound even when I'm crying. If this was my world, I would sound like a broken birdie.

He says nothing as he does not know the issue I am referring to.

After half an hour of crying, I finally feel better.

"You want some chamomile tea?"

I gulp at how kind he is. "Yeah, I could really have one."

"Thank you, doctor Yang."

"I mean for letting me cry on your shoulder."

His face turned slightly red and he hesitantly says, "It's Meng for you. We're friends now."

I beam at him. Several knocks on the door interrupt us.

This time, I open the door. They don't wait a second as Daryl drags me out slightly. In front of me is the whole crew.

Seriously, what made them come here?

Daryl whispers to me, "They want to thank you."

I smile, a genuine one.

One by one in groups, they come to me. The surprising thing is that even the first mate and the second mate are here along with the whole combatant crew.

But the man I so desperately want to see is nowhere to be found.

When they all have finished, I return to the sickbay.

Yang Meng is already asleep. He told me once that he insists on sleeping early as it is good for his beauty.

Seeing him in a peaceful state, I exit the room to give him some more peace.

As I walk back to the room, the people greet me.

I feel like a hero as I greet the pirates back with a smile. On my way, I meet Daryl there.

He looks my way and looks as if he wants to talk.

He strolls to the side and I follow him. "What did you do, Lily? Why is Captain angry? Trust me, you want to cool him down."

I answer him sheepishly, "Umm... Maybe I stroked your Captain's hair."

His eyes flow wide in shock. "Wh...what- d-id you -s-ay?"

"Umm."

He grips my shoulders. "Captain doesn't even let Meng touch him. He has a traumatic experience. Partly the reason why he is a pirate. Oh lord! You should have asked me before you did that."