4.4

Early morning I get up. The sun has barely risen. Soft orange and dark blue blends together when I see it from the large windows.

Perfection. That is the word that holds the description of the natural beauty.

And there in my world, the sky was starless, the morning glory hidden by skyscrapers and the merry glow stopped by the slums around.

I do the morning routine as per Yeeun. After I begin smelling like roses, I exit the room and find Wooyoung already outside, greeting the warm sun. His skin brightens up as the sun touches it blissfully.

Once again, he is truly beautiful.

"Good morning, your highness."

I smile at him. "Good morning, Wooyoung. How was your sleep? Did you sleep well?"

"Good, your highness."

Oh Lord, so tedious. He's more boring than anyone else. Such a killjoy!

His general pattern of sentences is really this: one word answer+ your highness.

"Take me to the battleground, Wooyoung."

"Yes, your highness." See what I mean??

I sigh at him. The battle ground is full of soldiers- both male and female. They are stretching, some of them are adjusting their armour while some are sparring. I make my way to the man who I recognise to be the general. Funny, I can't see his face in her memories, but I can remember him just by seeing his back.

His hair is soft ash grey, wrapped into a warrior bun with a chopstick sticking out from the middle portion and his back muscles are popping out from the sleeveless tank top he is wearing. His arms are brawny. His whole skin is sunkissed and bright. He is tall and muscular.

All of a sudden, I feel my heart beat faster.

My hands feel sweaty and I have this jittery feeling in my stomach.

Oh, seems like princess dearest had a crush. (Giggles inwardly)

When he turns, I see the gorgeous man. He looks like someone I know.

He does.

Yang Meng.

Is this his alternate universe form too?

He looks pretty as always. I am so happy to see him.... I really want to dive in to hug him right now.

Oh, how I missed him for the past one year! My eyes are so teary that I can barely see his face. So my personal chauffeur, my personal guard, hands me a napkin to wipe my tears as the general continues to practice his moves. When I do, Meng's slow voice resonates within the air, "Yeeun, want to spar?"

He doesn't call me princess? Weird.

"Yeah sure."

We begin to spar. I can feel that his strength matches mine. Probably the reason Yeeun liked him. His sword carries a force, slashing at whatever comes his way while mine is smooth and effortless as I specialise at defence. I see how he makes a perfect practice partner.

Fifteen minutes in, sweat trails my eyebrows and drips down my back. He's still strong. Me too.

I leap up into the air and deliver one last hit, diving in the air, pinning him to the ground, the sword pointing at his chest and I get up as gracefully as I can, the metal sword still pinning him down.

He huffs.

"Good, good. You have never done that before. I'm proud of you."

His face is sweaty as he looks at me but I see the pride in his eyes. His tan skin is glistening in the glowing sun and sweat drips down his eyebrows.