3.10

Hongjoong steps towards us too. He awkwardly looks between us both, searching for words in the air.

"Uh, take care of her, I guess."

Jay smiles at him, much to my surprise. He, for all I know, should pouce on the man that kidnapped his sister and then murder him brutally.

But he pats Hongjoong's shoulder.

"I appreciate it, Hongjoong. We're colleagues now."

Jay's a nice man too. I approve of my brother's actions.

"Brother, will you meet my friends?"

He nods lovingly at me.

I continue to lead him to the ship, among all the people.

I introduce him to all the crew members.

"This is Blaze. He is like a father to me. He cared for me and brought me food when I was hungry. He gave me good advice always."

"This is the master gunner, Minjun. He here wears a hideous coat. He never failed to crack me up when I was having a hard time."

"This is the quartermaster, Daryl. He tried to kill me but he's the person with the best jokes I know now."

"This is the gun crew who taught me about guns and entertained me."

"This is the combatant crew who hated me at first but now warmed up to me."

"This is the first mate, this the second mate. They help me laze around by taking care of all my needs."

"This here is Meng, one of my best friends. He makes the best chamomile tea. He massages the head best and he is beautiful inside out. He talks to me and I talk to him and hours pass that way. I am very thankful that I found someone like him as a friend."

"Hongjoong is the pirate king. As much bad things they say about him, he's a good man. He's upright and has good and firm beliefs. He's strong and the strength of the ones he loves. He loves the sea more than his own self and is very sweet and caring. His shanties lull me to sleep every night. He stargazes with me and never makes me feel lonely. I won't lie when I say he is my best friend."

Hongjoong boyishly grins at me.

Jay taps my shoulders and thanks them all for taking care of me and even returning me.

We then leave. They also leave the port and continue to sail all the world. I receive letters for the next one week, him telling me that they have left piracy and he now works as a sea merchant.

With the money he has, he opened new shops in the pirate strongholds. I return his letters by telling him about my own life with my brother.

One month later, he tells me that his business bloomed. He ends his letter by drawing a sketch of me among all pirates. It is like wooden figures. I stare at it and laugh at his messy drawing for a long time. I keep the letter as my most prized possession alongside the white pearl I bought from Nassau.

Jay and I develop a strong bond and we continue to trade, now that we even have the previous pirate king on our side. I share with him about all our adventures and we both recollect the childhood days.

We sometimes fight, he throws pillows at me. And I pull his hair. But siblings love right?

Today, we are in Nassau. I insisted on opening business here since it was profitable to trade in a pirate stronghold.

We plan to meet Hongjoong here today.

"You okay Lily?"

"Yes, Jay. I'm good."