They're Real?!

Words : 2444

Katakuri's POV

Katakuri had been walking back to the castle, his legs and arms starting to hurt from having to go back and forth so much. Of course the castle had to be on the opposite side of the island from that stupid shop. Not to mention the fact that it was his 5th trip. The first two were either extremely quick from him sprinting or he had taken an entirely different route.

He had been shifting the grocery bags between arms occasionally to try and help the soreness, which had worked... The first three times...

Of course he was disappointed he didn't have to fight Whiteout, but at the same time he didn't want to worsen his evident soreness.

Honestly, his legs and arms burnt but him being him, he acted casual and like nothing was wrong.

He was walking down the path when suddenly there was a loud roar and crashing sounds from the forestry to the side of the path.

Katakuri immediately stopped in his tracks.

Two days ago : Whiteout appeared. Yesterday : earthquake. Today : weird sounds from the forest.

This girl is something else.

Katakuri sighed heavily and tightened his grip on his grocery bags before dashing off into the overgrowth, sheilding his face with a hand.

Why the only normal forest? The only one without talling trees? It's not even that big of a forest, so why must chaos happen here of all places? Sometimes I feel like the chaos is directed at me.

Katakuri was running when he suddenly heard more crashing around and hissing. Something was defiantly out there.

Katakuri sprinted off into the direction of the sound, soon noticing a path of white scales and blood down a hill where the bushes and plants were either flattened or pushed aside.

He slowed down a little to run down the hill, ignoring the burning pain in his legs.

That's when he saw something fly into a tree in front of him. He didn't even know what, but it left a dent in the side of the tree. He hurried over and crouched down beside it, before pausing and concentrating on his observation haki.

He sensed a blue aura from behind him but it was getting farther and farther away, so he decided not to mess with it and figure out ehat flew into the tree.

He opened his eyes and looked down at it. It was a creature.

A lizard maybe? He couldn't tell but it was black with a swirl pattern on it's sides, it's underbelly that same blue. It looked like something had stepped on it as it was crushed and blood was on the tree and some on the ground underneath it. There were a few of those white scales near it. Katakuri slowly stood up, on edge.

There were a few more of these poor little lizards scattered around, each dead.

What the hell is going on?

Katakuri then used observation haki to track down that blue aura from earlier and started following it. It had gotten away, which irritated his legs more.

He found more blood and white scales on the ground. He had noticed a while ago that they were like snake scales but thicker and bigger. Not to mention they had a faint blue shine only if the sunlight was just right.

Eventually he was led to a lake in seemingly the center of the forest, and Katakuri immediately stopped in his tracks when his eyes laid on it.

A dragon?! Mama is gonna be thrilled to hear about this.