Explanation - Part II

Words : 2,400+

Katakuri's POV

It had been a week since he had started trying to force information out of Whiteout, and it wasn't going well. His siblings constantly tried to follow him to the hidden room and were now threatening to tell Mama. He had already told Brulee but he wasn't sure how long they would remain the only ones aware of Whiteout.

Katakuri's job was to force out as much information as possible while Brulee had made it her job to aid Whiteout in recovery each time she got another open wound. Brulee's fruit made it easier to help out, but at the same time, there were things about Whiteout she couldn't nurse back to health.

Her mental state.

Katakuri had noticed it first. She was eating and sleeping less and often zoned out, staring at the wall emotionlessly. One day Whiteout had suddenly burst out laughing during one of her and Katakuri's 'sessions.'

Katakuri was concerned but was well aware he had to hide that concern. He had to act like he didn't care.

One day, Katakuri had stepped inside the room to try and get information out of Whiteout again but he froze when he saw her.

She's... Crying...?

Katakuri paused mid-step. He had never comforted anyone before, so his mind just went blank. He quickly regained his composure, fully entering the room and shutting it behind him.

The was the first time Katakuri had seen Whiteout cry, and honestly, he was impressed.

She was just sitting in the corner of the room, glaring at Katakuri as tears slowly rolled down her cheeks.

She probably hates that I found her in such a vulnerable state.

"What's all this about?" Katakuri asked, trying to make his voice sound harsh and cold. He didn't want her to know he was concerned.

"It's none of your fucking business." Whiteout hissed through the tears, wrapping her wings around herself.

Well, that was rude. 'I don't wanna talk about it' would've worked just fine.

"It is, since my job is to gather as much information from you as possible." Katakuri said sternly, crossing his arms over his chest.

I don't want to beat information out of her when she was literally just crying but I don't have another choice. It's not like anyone but Brulee, that one doctor, and I know about this. Although, it's not like this place is impossible to find. It'll only be so long before another sibling finds out and tells Mama.

"Like i said, it's not your business." She hissed, glaring at him.

"Don't make me force the information out. We both don't enjoy it." He replied sternly, crossing his arms over his chest.

If you just gave me the information the first time I asked none of this would've happened, overgrown lizard.

"Then why do you continue to do this every single day?"

"Because it'd be helpful to know where the rest of you are camping out."

"Why? To use us? Make us your weapons? I thought you at least had to decency to tell me what the information is for."

Because we don't trust you not to kill all of humanity.

Katakuri huffed and approached her. "Just tell me where the rest of your tribe or race are and I'll let you go. It's as simple as that."

"So you can kidnap a weaker dragon and get information from them. Am I right?"

"Stop making assumptions about everything. Also, we could get another one on our own. Since you're royalty, we could just use you as bait."