chapter 3 - Eyes That Make You Catch Feelings

True to Gojo's promise, Gojo kept coming back. Day after day, week after week, Gojo would come back to find him. Sukuna would be lying on the snow and tolerate Gojo's presence. 

Gojo would sit next to Sukuna and keep on talking about how his day was and simple things he enjoyed. Gojo would also complain about the rotten higher-ups of his family and news of the jujutsu sorcerer society. 

Sukuna would just endure Gojo's non-stop talking. But Sukuna slowly started to think he wouldn't mind Gojo's company. 

Gojo was back again tonight and Sukuna was lying on the snow as usual.

"How are you doing, Sukuna? How is today?"  Gojo scooted closer to Sukuna. Gojo proceeded to caress Sukuna's hair.

Annoyed, Sukuna smacked Gojo's hand away lightly. Sukuna answered calmly with a bored tone, "The usual."

"You say this every time, Sukuna."

Gojo smiled when he heard the calm tone. Gojo knew he was making progress. Sukuna was less aggressive and grumpy the more they met. Gojo was also slowly getting better at knowing how much he could flirt without angering Sukuna. Gojo's hand found its way back in Sukuna's hair. Gojo teased, "You're cute when you're annoyed."

Sukuna sighed. Sukuna knew if Gojo didn't stop touching after the first swat, Gojo would keep doing it, unless Sukuna decided to kick Gojo's balls. But Sukuna was not in a kicking mood. So Gojo's nuts were safe for now. Sukuna tolerated the touches in his hair.

Sukuna said after a while, "It's been a month." A month of Gojo's constant pestering.

"Hm? It has? Have you been counting the days since we first met?"

Sukuna refused to answer that.

Gojo chuckled. He leaned in closer with a smile, "Aw, that's nice. A month of being with you. It feels much longer than that though."

Sukuna frowned, "Too close, Six Eyes."

Gojo pouted, "Don't be like that. It's our monthiversary today. Just let me give you a little kiss on the cheek."

"Just a little kiss. Come on, Sukuna~"

Sukuna saw Gojo was at it again. All the flirting and no sense of personal space. Sukuna was not in a kicking mood but that didn't mean he wouldn't use his hands. Sukuna sneered, "I see someone wants to get their balls crushed."

Gojo could already feel the phantom pain in his pants. Gojo whined, "You don't have to threaten me like that. You are too much."  

Gojo leaned back to his original sitting position. He also stopped petting Sukuna's hair as he didn't want to upset Sukuna. Gojo said gently, "I'm just trying to flirt with you, Sukuna."

Sukuna rolled his eyes and stared at Gojo, "Just don't get too close. Do you flirt with everyone you meet?"

Gojo laughed lightheartedly, "No, no, only you. You are special."  

Gojo looked at Sukuna a bit more seriously this time. He spoke sincerely, "You must be special to me, because I can't help but be drawn to you."

"But if you think my flirting is too much, just kick me, alright? I'll stop."

Sukuna stared at Gojo with a neutral expression. This idiot......   Sukuna could see Gojo really wanted to get close to him. Sukuna still couldn't fathom why anyone would want that of all things. 

Sukuna thought for a moment, debating internally. Then Sukuna sighed. Sukuna grabbed Gojo's hand and guided it over his hair. Sukuna soon let go. Sukuna glared, "I'll only allow this once. Got it?"

Gojo was pleasantly surprised. Gojo quickly sat closer and ran his fingers through Sukuna's hair. Gojo grinned, "Yeah, sure, got it." Gojo definitely didn't 'got it'.

---

Sukuna continued lying on the snow and looking at the sky as Gojo took care of his hair. Sukuna felt peaceful. It was weird. But it seemed Gojo was the only person that managed to make Sukuna feel this way. Sukuna turned to Gojo, "So you really are just going to keep coming back."

"Of course! I promised, didn't I? I always keep my promises." 

Gojo stopped stroking Sukuna's hair for a moment as he considered. Then he, for once, asked Sukuna politely, "Sukuna, if you are comfortable with this, can I... hug you?" Gojo chose to ask for permission first, even though he really wanted to cuddle Sukuna right now.

"In your dreams, Six Eyes."

As Sukuna expected, Gojo let out a loud whine, "No? Sukuna~ How could you? I have asked so nicely-"

Sukuna closed his eyes and tried to tune out the insufferable brat next to him.

Gojo was going on and on. Then he finally realized Sukuna wasn't even looking at him. Gojo poked Sukuna's forehead, "Hey, don't ignore me. Why did you close your eyes? Do I look bad? Open your eyes, Sukuna."

Sukuna's eyes remained closed. Sukuna replied, "You don't look bad, fool." Sukuna seemed to have unknowingly complimented Gojo's looks.

Gojo's heart was filled with joy. A lot of people had complimented his looks before. But all their praises were nothing compared to that simple comment from Sukuna. Gojo felt like he had made more progress with Sukuna.

"I see, I see. So why don't you open your eyes?" 

Sukuna opened his eyes and looked at Gojo. Sukuna continued, "You don't look bad. But you look stupid."

Smash! That was Gojo's heart shattering in pieces.

Gojo gasped, "How could you say that?"

Sukuna glanced at the bandages around Gojo's eyes. Sukuna huffed, "You look ridiculous with these bandages."

"Oh, you want me to take them off?"  Gojo took off the bandages and revealed his blue eyes. 

"There, now look at me."

Badump!

This was the first time Sukuna saw Gojo's eyes. He was absolutely mesmerized by how beautiful they looked. Sukuna didn't expect that.

Gojo fluttered his eyelashes at Sukuna, "If you keep looking at me like that, I think I'll kiss you."

Sukuna was snapped back to reality by Gojo's voice. Sukuna blushed and threw a snowball at Gojo's face in response.

Gojo wiped his face and laughed. He quickly formed a snowball in his hand and launched it at Sukuna.

Sukuna growled when Gojo smashed the snowball on his face. As Gojo launched more snowballs at Sukuna, Sukuna immediately rolled away to dodge them. Sukuna saw it as a challenge. Sukuna grabbed a snowball and stood up. Sukuna threw another snowball at Gojo. 

After dodging the snowball, Gojo smirked. His competitive side was now completely awakened.

Oh, it's on!