chapter 9 - Joyous Forever Blessings

Gojo knew Everlasting was draining Sukuna's curse energy. Gojo just wanted to get Sukuna out here now! Gojo picked up Sukuna bridal style. Ignoring Sukuna's protests, Gojo carried him out of Everlasting . He immediately teleported them and landed in Sukuna's shack.

"Six Eyes! Put me down."

"... Six Eyes?"

Sukuna had been displeased when Gojo wouldn't put him down. But the silence was concerning. When Sukuna saw the look in Gojo's eyes, Sukuna couldn't get himself to be annoyed. Gojo looked at him as if he was afraid Sukuna would disappear the moment he looked away.

The thought of losing Sukuna was terrifying. Gojo believed himself and Sukuna to be the strongest. He never thought one day Sukuna could be in danger and he couldn't be there for him. Gojo felt his breath quicken at this mere thought.

Sukuna put a hand on Gojo's cheek, "Six Eyes."

"Satoru."

Gojo's eyes seemed more focused at the sound of his name. Sukuna continued in a soft tone, "It's okay. I'm fine. I'm here, with you, in my shack. Everything is okay."

That was true. Even though Everlasting was draining his curse energy for hours, Sukuna was fine. Sukuna was the King of Curses. He had an immense amount of curse energy. A few hours within Everlasting had just made him tired. Sukuna had recovered after he was out of Everlasting.

Gojo took a deep breath. He set Sukuna down carefully, "I know, Sukuna. And aren't I supposed to be the one comforting you?"

Gojo's blindfold was back over his eyes and he teased with a perfect smile, "I bet I looked super cool when I suddenly appeared to save you, my damsel in distress." Gojo was back to his annoying self, as if he didn't just have a mini panic attack. But Sukuna could see Gojo's hands were still trembling slightly.

Sukuna knew Gojo was used to hiding his emotions. Gojo had been taught how to behave as the future Head of the Gojo Clan and not to show any weakness. Another reason was Gojo hated looking weak in front of Sukuna.

Sukuna sighed and answered with a soft gaze, "Yes, super cool." Totally didn't stumble as he ran over to Sukuna in pure panic.

Sukuna was still very puzzled about everything. He remembered losing consciousness after he saw a member of Gojo Clan. By the look of those robes, that person should be the Head. Then he woke up in Everlasting . Sukuna figured out his whereabouts because he remembered the description of Everlasting from Gojo's constant yappings. Knowing what Everlasting could do, Sukuna didn't try slashing the doors open. Sukuna knew Everlasting belonged to the Gojo Clan. Gojo would come get him eventually. So all Sukuna did was space out and wait for Gojo.

Sukuna had so many questions about the attack from the sorcerers and Gojo Clan's involvement in it. However, seeing how Gojo looked more shaken than he was, Sukuna decided he would ask them later. Gojo obviously wasn't involved in it. Sukuna didn't want to distress Gojo further with questions. Sukuna wanted to take Gojo's mind off of it for now.

Fortunately, Sukuna had been preparing something for Gojo not long ago. The surprise would've been finished if it weren't for those hundreds of sorcerers' rude interruption. Sukuna was sure it could distract Gojo from thinking too much. It was alright even though the surprise wasn't finished. Sukuna could still make this work.

"Six Eyes, do you want mochi?"

The sudden change of topic threw Gojo off-balance. Gojo blinked, confused, "Huh? Uh, yes?"

Sukuna went to the counter near the corner of his shack. He placed the polished glutinous rice he had soaked overnight in his bamboo steamer, and put the bamboo steamer in a flat metal bowl that contained water. Sukuna held the flat metal bowl over a ball of flame he had made with his fire curse technique. Sukuna said calmly, "Good. Because we're making it together after the rice is done."