chapter 7 - Sleep

Sukuna was concerned for his Six Eyes. He knew something was troubling Gojo. It was not obvious, but Sukuna knew him. Gojo still gossiped a lot but he talked less than usual. Gojo's annoying cheerful tone was more fake. Gojo sometimes had a weird blank expression on his face whenever he thought Sukuna wasn't looking. It was really frustrating that Gojo kept insisting he was fine when Sukuna knew he's not.

This had been going on for weeks. Sukuna didn't know what could bother his Strongest Sorcerer this much. But if Gojo didn't want to tell him, Sukuna wouldn't push for an answer. Gojo must have his own reasons. He trusted Gojo.

However, that didn't mean Sukuna would do nothing about it. Sukuna didn't like seeing Gojo so bothered. So he had been preparing a surprise for Gojo to cheer him up.

Sukuna was heading to the meeting spot. He was thinking about his surprise for Gojo when he felt a large number of sorcerers coming his way. There were at least hundreds of them. Sukuna changed direction and sped to another mountain a lot further away from the meeting spot. It was likely going to be a fight if they were coming for Sukuna. Sukuna didn't want to destroy his meeting place with Six Eyes during the fight. Much to his annoyance, those groups of sorcerers did indeed change direction to follow Sukuna.

Sukuna stopped at an open area on the mountain. He narrowed his eyes as he sensed those sorcerers were not slowing down. That usually meant the sorcerers had no intention to talk. They just wanted to go for the kill.

Groups of first-grade sorcerers arrived. They all rushed towards Sukuna in blind rage. Sukuna was not fazed and used Cleave to finish them off. The first group didn't even begin to use their curse techniques and were already in pieces.

Surprisingly, the other first-grades didn't stop at all. They all kept on coming at him in waves as if 20 of their comrades didn't just get obliterated a second ago. No fear, no hopelessness, no desperation, no hesitation, just sheer rage.

It made Sukuna wonder about the reason for this sudden 'visit'. Sukuna didn't do much in these 2 years. All Sukuna did was spend time with the only constant in his life, Gojo Satoru. It was really strange that these sorcerers were so set on fighting him. Sukuna was sure he had not started another war with a clan (like he did when he was 10).

Whatever the reason was, Sukuna couldn't care less. As a special-grade, Sukuna could instant-kill these first-grade sorcerers. Sukuna took down the sorcerers without batting an eye, like they were nothing more than insects. His expression was completely calm and serene as he killed his opponents, but his words were like ice. Taunting as he cut through the sorcerers without a shred of remorse or hesitation. His movements were smooth and steady, as if nothing could possibly faze him. He was the King of Curses, and he was a force of nature. A force to be reckoned with. There was nothing gentle about him now. He was pure, cold carnage.

Soon, Sukuna had killed about three hundred first-grades. The sorcerers were left in a bloody mess, their bodies in utter shambles. The ground was tainted red. Sukuna tsked when 15 special-grade sorcerers arrived.

The first 10 special-grades were still weak by Sukuna's standards. Sukuna was done with them soon enough. Normally Sukuna would be excited and take the time to have a good fight but it really was not the time. Sukuna didn't want to be late to see Gojo.

However, these special-grades acted differently. They showed pain when they saw the other special-grades dropped dead one by one. Unlike the first-grades, their eyes were still clear. They had an unwilling expression as they went after Sukuna. But they continued to attack with full intent.

"Just an 18-year-old, my ass! This is the King of Curses! What the hell-"

What's with sorcerers these days?