chapter 11 - This Is What The Future Should Bring

They were sitting together at the bench at Sukuna's yard after eating their newly invented snack. Sukuna had been keeping an eye on Gojo the whole time since they had been making the mochi. He wanted to make sure Gojo was feeling fine after his mini panic attack. He could see Gojo was thinking too much again when he noticed Gojo's slight change in expression. Sukuna put his hand on Gojo's in comfort.

Slowly, Gojo began as nonchalantly as he could, "There were sightings of destroyed villages near these mountains over the past few weeks. Six Eyes showed it was you."

"Did you do it?"

This was what had been bothering him? Sukuna looked at Gojo calmly, "No."

Gojo froze. He asked again, as if to make sure, "You... You didn't?"

Sukuna sighed, "Get your ears checked. Might as well get your damn Six Eyes checked too. I didn't do it."

A smile broke out on Gojo's face. Gojo's shoulders shook as he started to chuckle. His laughter escalated into a full-blown maniacal cackle. Under Sukuna's incredulous gaze, Gojo was laughing so hard Sukuna had to wrap a hand around his waist to prevent him from falling off the bench.

Gojo removed his blindfold to wipe away tears, which formed partly from relief and partly from laughing too much. There was an hysterical edge to Gojo's tone as he exclaimed, "You didn't do it! I have been worrying over nothing!"

How long had Gojo been worrying? Weeks! Gojo hadn't had a good night's sleep since the first sighting of the destroyed village. He should've asked sooner. He had wasted so much time over nothing! If he was not with Sukuna right now, Gojo would have blasted an Azure Blue to vent his frustrations.

Sukuna pressed Gojo closer to himself to keep him grounded. Sukuna didn't think it was that big of a deal, whether he had actually killed those villages of people or not. But Sukuna could see it meant a lot to Gojo. Sukuna just kept holding Gojo as Gojo's crazy laughter gradually died down.

Gojo's gaze was casted down. "I am an idiot. I should've known."

Sukuna's hand moved away from Gojo's waist and he gently ran his fingers through Gojo's hair. "You've always been an idiot."

Gojo smiled slightly at that. Gojo closed his eyes as he enjoyed the feeling of Sukua's hand caressing his hair. "I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For thinking you possibly did it."

Sukuna rolled his eyes, "That's nothing to be sorry for, Six Eyes. It's something I would've done. They'd probably die by my hands anyway if it weren't for you."

Gojo replied in a teasing tone, "Right. Good thing I'm here to pass time with you. You won't be bored enough to start another massacre."

Sukuna's hand stilled in Gojo's hair. Even though Gojo had said it in that tone, Sukuna felt like that was what Gojo truly thought. That was what Gojo got from his answer? Sukuna thought he was clear enough. Sukuna asked, "You think I've stopped killing just because I'm not bored anymore?"

The way Gojo's eyes slowly turned to Sukuna paired with that dumb expression on his face, Sukuna could see he was right. Sukuna resisted the urge to smack Gojo on the back of his head. Sukuna knew Gojo was stupid but he didn't expect Gojo to be this stupid! How could Gojo's brain process all the information from his Six Eyes, yet he couldn't process such simple information from Sukuna's answer?

Sukuna turned Gojo's head and squished Gojo's face with a hand under his chin, making Gojo focus on him. Sukuna looked into Satoru's clear blue eyes, "I have stopped killing, because I don't want to upset you, because I love you. Dumbass."