chapter 27 - Freedom

After that eventful day, Yorozu was no longer Gojo's fiancee. She couldn't stay in the Gojo Clan for long. She was asked to leave.

In Gojo's room, Yorozu was checking whether all her bags were packed properly while Gojo was reading a scroll on his bed.

Yorozu probably wouldn't have a chance to see Gojo and Sukuna ever again after this. She reached into her bag and gave Gojo a parting gift.

Gojo threw his scroll aside and took the box, "Oooh, what's this?"

"Think of this as an apology parting gift. It has a sketchbook in it with all the sketches I had drawn over last week. There's more but it's a surprise. I'm sorry I broke your bracelets."

"Aw, thanks, Yorozu. It's fine. I'm not mad about it. You gave me a chance to remake them with improvements in their designs."

When Gojo was 'ignoring Yorozu' according to the plan, Gojo had paid attention behind the scenes and knew she had been sketching everywhere around the clan in her sketchbook. Yorozu had already shown her talents when she had been drawing in the Gojo clan garden. The sketches she had just given him would likely be just as pretty.

Yorozu was glad that Gojo accepted the gift. But there's one more thing. She wanted to get it off her chest before she left.

"I envy you, Satoru."

Gojo placed down the box, "Hm?"

"You have everything you ever wanted. You're beautiful. You're powerful. You have one of the highest status in both sorcerer and non-sorcerer communities. You have Sukuna as your lover. Almost everything is in your control and you're free. So you better-"

'So you better treat Sukuna well, treat him like the King that he is. Make him happy and give him the best life he deserves.'

That's what Yorozu would've said if Gojo didn't burst out laughing as if he had just heard the funniest thing ever.

Yorozu blushed in embarrassment and glared, "Why are you laughing? It's not funny!"

"You think I'm in control of everything in my life? hahahaha-"

Yorozu glared, "Of course you are! You have everything!"

The amusement was gone from Gojo's expression and his laughter gradually died down, "You truly think that?"

"......"

"And you think you're not free because you are not in control."

Yorozu replied in frustration, "Stop rubbing it in my face, asshole! I know I can't be like you."

"That's not what I'm doing, Yorozu. We're not that different."

"I used to think that but I know better now-"

Gojo cut her off, "Listen to me."

Yorozy wasn't pleased. But She stayed silent and listened.

Once Gojo got Yorozu's attention, he continued, "Nothing is ever in my control. I'm the strongest sorcerer and things still get out of hand all the time. But that doesn't mean it's bad. 2 years ago, I never expected to meet the King of Curses. And it was the best thing that had happened to me. He turned out to be the most important person in my life and I fell in love."

Yorozu crossed her arms, "That's an exception..."

"No, it isn't. This marriage is also out of my control but I think everything turned out very well. We had fun and I gained a new friend."

"A new friend?"

Gojo was surprised that Yorozu didn't know. "You. Who else do you think I'm talking about?"