chapter 28 - Life as a thirdwheeler

A trio had turned into a quartet of friends. Uraume was glad they were not the only one third-wheeling anymore. Uraume and Yorozu bonded over their loyalty to Sukuna and they became friends quickly.

Yorozu had became another common guest at Sukuna's shack. Uraume hadn't been pleased when they found out Yorozu was the cause of the misunderstanding. But they were mostly ashamed of themselves for giving Sukuna the wrong information that night. Uraume should've fact-checked better before heading back to Sukuna.

Yorozu had been so happy when she saw her fruit trees there. She had immediately run to hug the trunk of her apple tree. She had been so emotional. Gojo teased her for it. Yorozu just flipped him off and continued to hug the apple tree that she had spent most of her childhood taking care of.

From then on, Yorozu would bring new kinds of seeds to Sukuna whenever she thought it would make a great addition to the backyard. She loved to share her knowledge of gardening as she helped around in the backyard. The gardening tips were usually quite helpful. Uraume enjoyed tending to the yard with her.

Before Yorozu joined, it was just the three of them hanging out. Gojo always wanted all of Sukuna's attention. Uraume was fine with that. They were only here as Sukuna's servant. But whenever Sukuna decided to talk to Uraume for a moment 'too long', Gojo would pout and then lay on the ground to pretend to be dead out of boredom. Uraume had first thought Gojo would whine to disrupt their conversation. Instead, it was surprising to see Sukuna-sama casually talking to them while Gojo dropped to the floor like a sack of potatoes and remained 'dead' the whole time until Sukuna gave him attention to 'revive' him again. That was considerate of him, in a weird way.

Uraume thought that would end now that Yorozu was here. It was either Gojo yapping to Sukuna as Yorozu yapping to Uaume, or it was Gojo and Yorozu yapping together as Both Uraume and Sukuna were just chilling.

However, it still happened sometimes. There was a time Uraume and Sukuna came back from the backyard and saw two 'corpses' lying around the shack in the most random positions. Yorozu was hanging upside down from the top of a shelf, while Gojo was floating on his back mid-air with Limitless , as if he was ascending to the heavens.

Sukuna didn't bat an eye when he saw those two being silly. Sukuna walked to Gojo to lightly tap his forehead. Gojo immediately released his Limitless and dropped down without warning. Sukuna said as he caught him in his arms, "It's only been a few minutes, Satoru."

Gojo clung onto Sukuna and laughed delightfully, "It feels like forever. I can't stand a second without you by my side."

Sukuna shook his head in slight exasperation. Sukuna replied indulgently, "Then I'll always return to you no matter where you are."

Gojo looked up at Sukuna and said with a teasing smile, "No matter where I am?"

Sukuna replied with a tender gaze, "No matter where you are."

"Even if I'm at the edge of the world?"

"I'll cross mountains and seas to get to you."

"Even if I'm in another plane of existence?"

"I'll jump across worlds, travel through space and time just to see you again."

Gojo chuckled, "That's not possible."

Sukuna said sincerely, "I'll make it possible, because my beautiful starlight can't stand a second without me."

Gojo was amused and touched at the same time. He said, "Damn right I can't. So don't you dare leave me alone."

Sukuna leaned down and pressed his forehead against Satoru's, "You're stuck with me, Six Eyes."

Gojo closed his eyes and smiled in content as their foreheads touched. He felt like the luckiest man alive to have Sukuna with him. He loved Sukuna so much.