chapter 8 - The Art of Gaslighting

Gojo didn't even give a thought on how that could've happened. He just wanted to get to Sukuna as soon as possible. Gojo immediately pulled down his blindfold and searched for Sukuna using Six Eyes.

No traces of Sukuna's curse energy, nothing. Gojo couldn't see Sukuna. Gojo gritted his teeth in frustration. He should've known. That could only mean Sukuna was in there .

Gojo turned and stared at his servant coldly, "When did that happen?"

The servant didn't understand why Gojo didn't seem pleased with the news. Sensing Gojo's deteriorating mood, the servant bowed and replied respectfully, "The King of Curses was brought to the clan unconscious 3 hours ago."

Gojo didn't want to waste any more time. Gojo quickly teleported into the Dungeons under the Gojo Clan, in front of the closed entrance of an underground cave. The doors were covered with patterns of glowing ancient runes which were able to prevent Gojo from seeing and teleporting inside. Gojo glowered.

The Dungeons had existed for a long time, about as old as the existence of the Gojo Clan. But there was an underground cave within the Dungeons that was older than the Gojo Clan, older than the first ever appearance of Six Eyes and Limitless . The ancestors of the Gojo Clan had built the Dungeons with the special cave at the centre. The Gojos had named the cave Everlasting .

No one knew how old Everlasting was or how it came to be. The Gojos considered Everlasting as a large unmovable special-grade cursed tool which was slightly sentient. The first Head of the Gojo Clan had been the first to discover it and managed to tame it. From then on, Everlasting would only obey the command of a Head of the Gojo Clan.

The mysterious cave was covered in dark green runes which pulsed with never-ending curse energy. The main core of the runes were on the doors of the cave and it was in the shape of an enormous eye. The runes could fill the vaults surrendering the cave in the Dungeons with curse energy.

The curse-energy-filled vaults could slowly fix broken cursed objects, and could possibly increase the power of cursed objects. For Example, a first-grade cursed tool could possibly turn into a special-grade. But that probably required at least hundreds of years of it being stored inside the vault near that cave. It could fuel objects with curse energy, but it wouldn't make a human sorcerer stronger nor heal them. That's why the Gojos had built and expanded the Dungeons with vaults.

However, Everlasting wasn't used as a vault. Everlasting could share its curse energy to nearby vaults but it wouldn't share it to the objects within it. Instead, it would drain the curse energy from anything within it to further fuel the runes. Even though the runes already had never-ending curse energy, fueling them could quicken the process of fixing or upgrading curse objects inside the vaults near the cave.

Unlike the vaults, Everlasting also worked on beings such as curse spirits and humans, other than just objects. Over the years, Everlasting was rarely used for this. There were only a few very rare moments when the Gojos had used Everlasting to destroy overpowered cursed objects and trap destructive special-grade curse spirits.

Everlasting wouldn't affect any Head of the Gojo Clan, as it considered the Head as its master. But It was dangerous for any other beings trapped inside Everlasting . Everlasting would feed on the inhabitants' curse energy and then move on to draining their life source until there's nothing left.

And Sukuna had been in there for hours.

Gojo was agitated. He looked at the runes with Six Eyes once again to see if there was anything he could do to get doors open.

Nothing. There was still nothing he could do to open the door.

Everlasting not only fed on the inhabitants' curse energy, it would also create a connection between itself and its inhabitants. Any damage inflicted on Everlasting would be inflicted on the inhabitants. Therefore, the inhabitants couldn't break out without potentially getting themselves killed in the process. Outsiders couldn't forcefully break them out too. Gojo definitely didn't want to seriously injure or worse, kill Sukuna when he blasted doors to get to him.