Cyra

"Hi mom .. good morning"
I said as I entered the cafe. It was my day off, but I was getting bored at home so I thought I should came here and help out my mom.

"Good morning honey, And congratulations!!!" She said as I put my apron.

"For what??" I asked.

"You gotta new neighbour. He moved in here a few days back. In fact he lives in the same apartment as you." She said in excitement.

"Okay and ??"
I asked in confusion as I don't get it why she's so happy that I got a new neighbour. It's not like she owns that building and this new tenant is gonna pay a hefty amount of money or something.

"And you should meet him say hello to him and maybe be friends with him. He seems like a nice guy." She explained.
Oh.. now I get it where this conversation going.

"Mom.. I don't need to be friends with all my neighbours okay ? Everyone has their privacy i dont need to be nosy. And I have friends I don't need anyone else."

She came closer to me and said

"Huh.. I can count all your friends in my one hand. Forget about one, I can count it in my one finger because that's the one friend that you have all your life."

"Mom... that's rude. And I don't need a lot of friends in my life. One is enough."

"I just want you to meet new people. Be friends with them. Go to party's have fun."

"Mom I don't understand why people need so many friends. Im happy with one. And also I have lot in my plate already. I barely manage everything that's there. I don't have time for that."

"Fine. I won't push you any further. I Just want you to be happy."

She pushes my hair to the back of my ear and gave me a small peck on my forehead.

"By the way we're going to George's next Thursday. I booked our tickets."

"Oh... okay ... say hi to George for me. I've plans. I can't make it."

"What plans ??" She asked.

"I'm going to LA this Thursday Richard ran out of a lot of things. There's tons of laundry to do. His fridge is empty. And he needs a few things too. So I won't be around for 3 days." I informed her.

"Again ?"

"Yeah.. he's busy in his shootings so I have to go. He said he will be back once he's free"

"Once he's free?? Do you think I'm easy to fool ?? This is the 4th time in this month cyra."

"What !!??" I asked annoyed. She was all good in a minute before and now she got all worked up as soon I mentioned Richard.

"He just got a small role honey. He doesn't have to be that busy. Relationships doesn't work if only one person puts an effort into it. It has go both ways." She said caressing my back.

I pull her hand annoyingly
"Don't get me started mom. After so long he's dreams coming true. He's going to debut. He's just a step away from his success. I'm sure he has a lot in his plate too. Also if he didn't love me he should have broke up with me right? Did he do that ? No . Because he..."

She cut me in the middle

"Because you made his life easier sweetie. He didn't leave you Because you worked your ass off for him so that he can live a comfortable life. You worked for him like a maid. What a man, who can't even do his own laundry. Trust me honey.. no man is too busy for a woman he truly wants. If a man wants you he will put all his efforts, no matter how busy he is, he'll make time. He will call you, text you, ask about your day."