𐇵 when the fate has other plans 𐇵

There's something wrong with Adrian. Last night Lily deliberately asked me to go and bring something to drink so that she can confess her feelings.

The way they talked before, I also thought Addy likes her. But he rejected her proposal. It would be a lie if I say it didn't made me happy at all.

Lily isn't a bad person, but she isn't the best option for Adrian. Addy deserves someone better. In this last month he and I became very close. It's like we share a unseen bond with each other. Maybe he's kinda like a big brother to me!!!

(But the way he gives you nicknames calls you sweetheart, isn't brotherly behavior.)

Yeah.. The way he came closer to me, my heart just skipped for a whole damn minutes. It took me an hour to process all this. Does Adrian really have feelings for me ?

Nope! That's ridiculous. Why would he like me ? With his looks and all He can get anyone he wants. Why me though ??

As much as I tried I couldn't stop thinking about Adrian. It's like he occupied all over my mind. Currently I'm packing few stuff in my duffle bag, because in few hours I have board. But every time, my mind is just stuck upon him.

I didn't went to the cafe today. And he also didn't came for a visit. Why didn't he came though?? Is he busy ? Or is he regretting what he said to Lily? No no no ... that can't happen. As much I know him, Mr. Adrian Alves doesn't regrate anything at all.

That one night 🌙 when we're drinking on the roof top, ( yeah we even drank together few times ) we talked about a lot of stuff. That day I asked him what he does? And he told me the obvious.
"I make music." He said with a straight face.

That night we also talked about his past. Apparently he was a pretty famous basketball player, in his school. He was also about to join the NBA. I remembered when I asked about his career as a basketball player that night he was so proud to tell of his stories.

"How long have you played for your team ?"
"About 10 years." He replied instantly.

Then he took a sip of his beer, and started again,

"I was the best player of our team. I was playing as a shooting guard. Back in my childhood I wasn't a big fan of basketball, but then it started to grow on me. I must say I enjoyed every day as a player." Even in this dark night I can see the way his face lit up as he talked about his basketball career.

"So, why'd you stop playing?"
I asked.

He got up from that old rusty arm chair and stood near the railing. Sipping his his beer he said,

"I had an accident. I was about to make it to the NBA, but my shoulders got messed up real bad. They said I couldn't play no more."

"Didn't you feel like you wasted half your life or something? You played ball for so long, and then..."

"Nah, everything happens for a reason, . Basketball wasn't even my first choice. I always wanted to do music, ever since I was a kid. My dad wanted me to be the best player in the country, though. So I played for him. But after he passed away, it was too hard for me. He was the one who plnned all my life. That's when I started doing music. And now I'm just a nobody musician, I guess." He said smirking at me.

It's strange how Adrian didn't regretted even a bit after his career as a player stopped completely. People make a fuse after breaking up being In a mere relationship for few months. And he's so normal about basketball even after playing it for a decade.

I was in the middle of a conversation with myself when the doorbell rang. I quickly opened the door to find my best friend. Last night she offered to drop me off at the airport.