cyra

"You should've told me beforehand. I took 3 days off so that we could spend a little time together. And there's a lot of things I need your help with." Richard said with annoyance filled in his voice.

"I know Richard. But the thing is mom suddenly planned her trip to George's. So I had to stay here." I tried to explain things to him.

"But lily's there know.. She can manage a few days by herself." He shouted.

"She's a part timer richard."

"Can't you just close that tiny shop for three days? It's a matter of few days only."

"We can't do that. How about you come here for a weekend. We can spend some time together and I'll go to you in the next weekend." I said calming myself.

Then he spatted.
"Are you kidding me right now??how can I leave when I'm on peak of my career? You want me to ruin it? All I've worked for years?"

"Richard I didn't mean that. Also we've talked about this earlier. I'm the one who's putting all my efforts in this relationship. It's too hard for me."

"Don't start right now. Look if you don't want to come here and help me out on a few things I get it. I can manage these things by myself. Or I can get a help or something. But I can't handle your clingy personality right now. I'm not here on a vacation cyra. I'm working here and I can't afford to be irresponsible one. One wrong move & I'm out of this whole industry."

"It's a small role Richard. They don't need you to be there 24/7. Also you've been gone since three months. They can easily manage a 3days off. Also you took 3 days off for yourself. So why not visit here?. It's just 2 hours away. You can easily go back if they need you."

"Are you looking down on me cyra.? What do you mean by a small role. I've worked my ass off for that character. Do you know how many auditions I had to go through for that role. I'm not here sitting on a tiny old cafe tryna sell coffee to God knows who ? Tell me one thing does anyone really come to that old piece of shit that you calls your cafe?? You know what go back to your little shit and do what the fuck you want. I don't give a damn. And don't try to call me again. I'm busy."
Then he cut the call.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I put my phone back on the back pocket of my jeans

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I put my phone back on the back pocket of my jeans. No I'm not crying because I couldn't go, or he couldn't make it here even after I told him so. I'm not crying because he didn't put any efforts in this relationship. I'm crying because he disrespected my job. Not only he talked shit about me but also our cafe. I'm usually not the kind of person who takes shit from anyone but him... I couldn't talk back when it comes to richard.

After the argument with mom the other day, I decided not to go to LA this time. I wanted him to come over at least for once. I don't know maybe I wanted to prove her wrong. I wanted to show her that it's not only me who's putting efforts in this relationship, he also cares for me. But again I ended up being the wrong one.