One

This was easily the happiest moment of Patrick's life.

He was surrounded by nothing but happy people. Even some of the cameramen and reporters put their mics away and just joined the party.

Patrick hadn't had a drink all day but he still felt buzzed. Maybe he was intoxicated by the love he was feeling. Cheesy but oh so accurate. Alcohol didn't make him feel half as nice as this. Pete was his alcohol now.

"Dance with me, Mr. Wentz"

Pete snapped his fingers and moved around Patrick. Moved, because what he was doing could not be considered dancing. He arms and legs were moving to two different rhythms. And Patrick didn't even want to get started on what he was doing with his midsection. Was that a full body roll?

"Stop, Pete!" He laughed. Grabbing his husband's arms.

Husband. It was such a fun word. A word Patrick always thought he would end up using to describe Andy. But he was wrong. And he'd never been more happy to be wrong about something in his life.

"You don't like my moves?"

Pete crossed one leg over the other and spun slowly in a circle. Patrick laughed louder. Flattening his hands on Pete's chest to keep himself steady.

"T-They're wonder-wonderful." He managed between laughs.

"Oh my god, are you okay, Pete?"

They looked over at Brendon. His eyes were wide. His hand was over his heart as if to calm the erratic beating.

"I'm fine, Brendon." Pete's brow furrowed.

"Oh good. Because it looked like you were having a seizure over here!"

"Fuck you!" Pete pushed his shoulder and laughed.

"That's my job." Ryan walked up behind him. Wrapping his arms around the shorter man's waist.

"No worries, I'm not trying to steal your job." Pete held his hands up.

"You'd better not be." Patrick nudged him.

"I would never." Pete leaned down and kissed him quickly.

"Speaking of the time..."

"Who was speaking of the time?" Ryan frowned.

"Well since you mentioned it, it's about time for you guys to get going." Brendon told them.

"Right now?" Patrick glanced at the watch on his wrist.

"Yes. You've said 'I do'. You've cut the cake. You've mingled with this group of misfits. Now you need to head to the honeymoon spot."

"Where's the honeymoon spot?" Patrick glanced up at Pete with excited eyes.

"It's a secret." Pete smiled. "But Brendon is right. We need to get going if we're going to get to the jet in time."

"We're flying?"

"We're driving and then flying. I bought you a new car. Happy Wedding!" Pete cheered.

"You got me another car?"

"Yes."

"Pete, I only need one car."

"It's not about what you need anymore, baby. It's about want. And I want to spoil you."

"I love you." Patrick leaned over and kissed him.

"I love you too." Pete smiled. He never knew how fun it would be to say those words. "Let's get going."

He grabbed Patrick's hand. Patrick's heart swelled. He still loved it when Pete held his hand. Because he still felt empty without Pete's hand in his. He squeezed his fingers.

"We'll walk you out." Ryan offered.

The group of four headed to the exit. Everyone inside was too busy enjoying themselves to pay them any attention. Even the reporters didn't notice. They'd already gotten the footage they needed anyway.

Pete dug in his pocket for the keys. Patrick stared at the car in awe. The just married sign glistened on the back of it.

"I love it!" He gushed.

"I'm Driving." Pete jingled the keys in his hand.

"Have fun!" Brendon grabbed Patrick into a bone crushing hug.

"I will."

Brendon let go and hugged Pete too.

"Watch out for him. If you let anything happen to my best friend, I'll kill you."

"I'd expect nothing less."

Patrick hopped into the passenger's side. Pete slid into the drivers side. He stuck the key in the car and it hummed to life. It easily pulled out of the parking spot and cruised into the road. Patrick waved Brendon and Ryan goodbye from the window as they sped off.

"I'm so excited!" He rubbed Pete's knee.

"So am I." Pete placed one of his hands on top of Patrick's.

"No. I mean I'm really, really excited. Pete, we're married!"

"You don't say." Pete laughed.

"I-It's like a dream come true."

"You're a dream come true." Pete flickered his eyes to Patrick's before focusing them on the road again. "I never thought I'd get married. I never thought I'd want to. But then you came along and you changed my fucking life. And I'm so happy you did. I love you so, so much.

"You want to know something sick?"

"Always." He smirked.

"We kind of have Meagan to thank for this. If she would have never slandered your character, you wouldn't have needed me."

"You're right." Pete patted his hand gently. "That is sick."

"You want to know something else?" Patrick snuggled his face into the side of Pete's neck.

"This sounds like the something I might actually enjoy hearing." Pete intertwined their fingers.

"I love you." Patrick pursed his lips to kiss the skin of Pete's neck. Pete shivered. Patrick smiled and glanced at the road in front of them. "Slow down Pete, you're approaching a red light."

"I know how to drive. Don't become the nagging wife."

"Wife?" Patrick smiled. His smile faltered as they got closer to the light and the car was still going at the same speed. "Pete, seriously. Slow. Down."

"I can't." Pete's voice was higher than it normally was.

"What?"

"The fucking breaks." He slammed his right foot down as hard as he could. Touching the pedal to the floor. "It's not working! IT'S NOT WORKING!"

"Fix it, Pete!"

They drove through the red light without incident.

"I fucking can't, Patrick. Something's wrong!" He was panicking now.

"Were going seventy miles per hour, non stop on the road. Of course something is fucking wrong!"

"Now is not the fucking time to yell at me. I'm trying to figure out-"

"Car!" Patrick yelled.

"Yes. To figure our what's wrong with the-"

"CAR!" Patrick screamed. He pointed his finger ahead of them at the approaching car.

The last sound they heard was the blaring of a horn before everything went black.