Thirty Four

Patrick was over this whole fucking thing. He didn't need every move he made to be photographed or recorded just to be thrown back into his face. He didn't need to be told that he'd make a horrible father. He knew that already! He didn't plan on having kids before he found out Meagan was pregnant. Which is why he was happy as hell to be gay. No pun intended.

He couldn't believe that bitch of an interviewer. She went straight for his neck as soon as the cameras started rolling. Purposely calling him Stump instead of Wentz. She didn't even shake his fucking hand! If that was the type of people they employed at E! then he wanted nothing to do with the station. They were probably as bad as Fox news. He never wanted to be interviewed by them again.

He never wanted to be interviewed period. It was like his life was a bad reality TV show. Nothing they did could just stay between them. Why did they always have to dress in the latest fashions? Or act a certain way outside of the house? Or report back to the public on every move they made?

This was their private lives, damnit!

Patrick didn't want a relationship where he'd have to appear on TV every time something happened. Why couldn't he and Pete just be a normal fucking couple? This shit was way too stressful.

"Patrick!"

Pete was suddenly behind him. He wasn't sure if his voice made him calm down or feel even more anxious. Maybe a little of both if that made sense. He spun around to face him. Not sure what to expect. Would he be angry because of the picture? Would he be annoyed because he stormed off?

"I'm sorry." That was always the best go to response.

"You have nothing to be sorry for."

"I-I don't?"

"No." He shook his head sadly. Patrick's eyes fluttered shut as Pete pulled him into a hug. "I shouldn't have brought you into such a hostile setting. I had no idea it was going be be like that."

"Pete I don't know if I can do this." He mumbled into his shoulder.

"It's okay." Pete stroked his hair gently. "We can go home right now. Fuck this whole interview."

"I'm not talking about the interview."

Pete paused his hand but didn't let go of Patrick.

"Then what are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about us."

"We're not doing this-"

Patrick pulled away to look at Pete's face. The emotionless expression he was wearing made Patrick feel uncomfortable.

"I can't live the life you live. I can't be in the spotlight all of the time. I can't have cameras constantly watching me. Or people always judging me. Gossip stations always flashing my pictures and saying my name-"

"Cut the bullshit." Pete interrupted him.

"I'm glad you think my emotions are bullshit."

"I think your excuses are bullshit. Because that's all you keep doing. Using lame excuses for why you can't be with me."

"That's not-"

"What happened to the for better or worse thing? You changed your mind about that part?"

"Don't you dare use that against me."

"Why is your first instinct to leave? After all we've been through, you'd think you would want to stay and fight."