Thirty Two

"Only refer to her as Meagan. Not as your ex wife or the mother of your child."

Ryan reminded Pete as he adjusted his tie. Of course there was no reason to do so. Pete's ties were always perfect.

Patrick and Pete were scheduled to do an interview with E! News in an hour. As soon as Pete decided who he was going to divorce, Ryan got to work scheduling interviews with news stations and magazines. His PR side taking over. They couldn't afford to hesitate on fixing this bad press.

"I know." Pete slapped his hands away and fixed the tie back to the way he had it before Ryan messed with it.

"Don't be overly affectionate with Patrick either."

"Gotcha." Pete nodded. Ryan patted his chest and took a step back. "Will you be helping Patrick with his outfit?"

Ryan shook head. "Brendon has it covered."

"What's with you and Patrick?"

"Nothing." Ryan glanced down at his watch.

"It's just been days since you two have actually said more than two words-"

"I just think he's changed."

"Of course he's changed. That's no reason for you to-"

"Whose side are you on?" Ryan snapped.

"What?" He drew back.

"Do I need to question your loyalties?"

Pete's eyes narrowed at the distantly familiar phrase.

"That's not fair-"

"Jefferson should be waiting for you."

Ryan walked out of Pete's bedroom door. Pete didn't bother trying to prolong the conversation. He followed him down the stairs where Brendon and Patrick were already waiting in the lobby.

Patrick was wearing a pair of beige slacks. Thank god they weren't skinny jeans. That look would have been so tacky. His shirt was cream colored and slightly loose fitting. Even his shoes were off white. The mixture of light colors contrasted perfectly against his black blazer, black glasses and black fedora. The outfit was simply genius. Ryan had never been more proud of his fiance for putting it together.

"You look great." Pete smiled.

Patrick smiled back. "So do you."

They stared at each other in silence after that. Patrick slowly taking Pete in, inch by inch. Pete practically undressing Patrick with his eyes. The sexual tension could be cut with a knife. It'd literally been years since they've had sex. And that intimacy was way overdue.

"Jefferson's waiting." Brendon snapped them out of the hormone induced trance.

Pete shook his head clear of the dirty thoughts. He grabbed Patrick's hand in his and headed for the door. Jefferson was waiting in front of the house as he always was. Standing at the back door of the car.

"Smile a lot and don't say anything bad about Meagan." Ryan called after them. Pete nodded.

"Seem sympathetic yet not overly concerned. Try not to seem entitled to Pete, either."

Brendon quoted the words Ryan told him to tell Patrick earlier. He didn't get why Ryan couldn't just tell him himself. This feud they had going on was ridiculously childish. It was like they were seeing who would crack first and try to speak to the other.

Patrick was stubborn as hell. And Ryan was too proud to ever back down from anything first. He was worried about how long the two most important men in his life could stay on each other's bad side.