Thirty Five

"What the hell is this?"

"Your phone?"

"Don't be a smart ass, Pete."

Ryan was in a bad mood. He'd been in a bad mood since his argument with Brendon. And now he was having to deal with the backlash from the bad press Pete and Patrick were getting from appearing on E! News.

It didn't matter that the interviewer was bias and even rude. No one cared about that. Unprofessional interviewers were a dime a dozen. No, what every one was focusing on was Patrick being incompetent and prone to drinking. Everyone only cared about the negative. Being in a coma for two years didn't earn him any mercy from the vultures who watched the show.

And now a video surfaced of Pete and Patrick's discussion back stage. The video quality wasn't great and neither was the sound. But that didn't matter. Because you could see clearly enough to recognize the people in it. And you could hear well enough to understand almost every word.

Ryan sat his phone in front of Pete. He glanced down at it and smiled.

"YouTube, Ryan? I'm usually being bombarded with magazines and actual news videos. You're slacking-"

"Press play." He said as calmly as he could.

Pete didn't move to touch the phone so Ryan pressed play. Fast forwarding the video near the middle so Pete could get an idea of what it was.

"Why the hell should I let go of someone I worked so hard to get? Someone I hurt for. Someone I begged for. Someone I gave my whole got damn heart to. It'll be a cold day in hell before I just let you walk out on me because some bitchy reporter hurt your feelings."

Pete reached out and paused the video. He didn't need to hear the whole thing. He knew what it was. He remembered what he said.

"How the hell did they get that recording? We were the only two in that area."

"Apparently not."

"We- I- find out who it was!"

"I can't. The quality of the video shows that it wasn't professionally recorded. So that rules out any of the camera crew. It looks like it was done on some pathetic excuse for a phone."

"Are people actually watching this?"

Ryan clicked the screen again. "Two and a half million views."

"Holy shit. We went viral?"

"Pete!"

"Sorry. Sorry." He shook his head. "But this can't be that bad. I was just telling him how much I love him."

"Look at the comments." Ryan scrolled down to the comment section. Pete lifted the phone in his hand.

WhatACatch: This is soyyyy cute!

TiffanyBlews: Did he just threaten to kill someone? Is he not arrested?

YourWinona: What A Bully!

SmilingSarah: WHERE'S MEAGAN?

HandsomeWoman: This screams domestic abuse.

MissJackson: These assholes deserve each other.