Twenty

Pete had the worst luck in history. He should have known Patrick would show up before he could get Meagan to leave. He probably could have accomplished it, if the receptionist would have rung him to warn him that he had another visitor.

He was prepared for Patrick to visit. He even had his favorite whisky sitting out on the desk. And then fifteen minutes later, Meagan walked in. Again, without warning from the receptionist downstairs. Lana, Pete thought was her name. Well, whatever it was, she was fired.

Patrick looked pissed. He was hiding it well. But not well enough that Pete couldn't see it. His face was lightly flushed. His eyes were slightly narrowed. And he was clearly clenching his teeth. Pete could tell by the hard way his jaw was set.

"Patrick!" Meagan smiled broadly. She slid off of the desk. He skirt riding up slightly as she walked over to him.

"Meagan." His tone was brisk.

He visibly tensed when she pulled him into a hug. Patrick wanted to choke her.

"Do I look like a fucking idiot?" She whispered in his ear. Too low for Pete to hear.

"I don't think you want the actual answer to that."

"If you really thought I was going to go away for a few weeks, you're the idiot."

"Is that right?"

"Like I was seriously going to leave and give you all the free time in the world to fuck my husband."

"You're dumber than you look then." Patrick whispered back. Smiling towards Pete who was watching them suspiciously. "Because I'm going to fuck him whether you are or aren't in the house." He pulled out of the hug.

"Meagan was just leaving." Pete smiled tightly.

"I was!" She nodded.

She flipped her hair over shoulder and sashayed over to Pete. She bent down, pushing her lips against his. Patrick knew he should have looked away but he didn't. He watched her kiss his husband. He watched his husband kiss her back.

Meagan was the first to pull away. She ran her hands through her hair as she turned to leave. Making sure to smile at Patrick on the way out. Patrick smiled back. The only sign of his agitation was the uncontrollable bouncing of his left leg.

Patrick was staring daggers into Pete. Man, he was lucky looks couldn't kill. Pete didn't look at Patrick. He stared directly at the laptop in front of him. Patrick heard rather than saw Meagan open the door.

"Bye, honey." She cooed.

"Bye." Pete didn't look up.

"I love you." She continued.

Patrick arched an eyebrow. His hands tightened on the arms of the chair. He was non verbally challenging Pete to say it back to her with him in the same room. Warning him not to.

"I love you too." He said quickly.

Patrick choked out a laugh. Really?

"I love you more." She pushed. Just trying to get under Patrick's skin.

"No." Pete was breathing unevenly. Nervously. Good. "I-I love you more."

"No. I love you more."

"No. I do."

"You do what?" She pouted.

"Love you!" He snapped in annoyance. Yelling the words.