was it a new beginning?

Interview with Vanity Howard. Take one

*Click*

"Welcome back, folks. Today, we're joined by none other than Vanity, the enigmatic partner of the legendary Sid Vicious. Vanity, it's a pleasure to have you here." 

Vanity lent back in the chair, blowing smoke out of her mouth from the cigarette she was smoking. "Pleasure's all yours, darling."

"So, you've recently made the move across the pond to America. What are your thoughts on the land of the free?" The woman raised a brow. 

She smirked"Oh, America, the land of opportunity, where dreams come true... or so they say. Honestly, it's just another concrete jungle with slightly bigger rats. But hey, at least the pizza's decent." Vanity shrugged her shoulders.

The interviewer raised a brow before asking another question. "Your partner Sid Vicious has recently embarked on a solo career. Can you shed some light on that decision?"

Vanity sighed, she knew this woman was just trying to get details about the Sex Pistols break up, she could think again. "Ah, yes, Sid's newfound independence. It's like watching a puppy trying to figure out how to use the doggy door. But hey, if he wants to make some noise on his own, who am I to stop him? it was me who suggested it in the first place."

"And what about Malcolm McLaren?" Here we go, Vanity thought He's been a prominent figure in the Sex Pistols' journey. Any thoughts on him?"

Vanity huffed and crossed her legs over one another, now sitting upright in the chair.  "Malcolm McLaren... now there's a name that brings back memories. Let's just say he's about as trustworthy as a politician with a used car salesman's smile. The less I have to do with him, the better."

"Why do you say that?" The interviewer asked. "Because it was just money, money, money to him. he didn't care about those boys whatsoever, i have to protect Sid's career because he can't do it. he's not even on the same fucking planet as everyone half of the time"

"It sounds like you've had quite the journey so far. What's next for Vanity and Sid Vicious?" The woman asked, as she looked up from her list of questions.

"Who knows, darling? Maybe we'll conquer the world, maybe we'll fade into obscurity. Either way, we'll do it in style. As long as there's good music, good company, and a few laughs along the way, we'll be just fine."

Clearly this interview wasn't quite wrapped up yet as much as Vanity wanted it to be, because the woman kept on speaking. "Vanity, your journey with Sid Vicious has been accompanied by rumours of substance abuse, particularly heroin. Can you speak to those rumours?

Vanity smiled in her head. She thought it was hilarious how people were just finding out about her using when she'd been on and off using drugs since the end of 1975. it was now the start of 1978. "Ah, the whispers of the tabloids. Heroin, huh? Sounds like a romanticised tragedy straight out of a B-grade movie. But let me tell you, sweetheart, the reality is far less glamorous. We all have our demons, don't we? Some just wear theirs on their sleeves." It was rather amusing as Vanity was sat in this small room, a pair of yellow rimmed sunglasses on because of her tired looking eyes getting interviewed in New York City, her first time as Sid's manager.

"It must be a challenging path to navigate. Are you ever scared of the dangers that come with such a lifestyle? The risk of overdose, for example?" The woman raised a brow suggestively, almost as if trying to get Vanity to admit a fear she no longer had.

"Scared? Darling, fear is a luxury I can't afford. We live fast, we die young, and we leave a beautiful corpse, or so they say. But let me tell you, death holds no sway over me. I've danced with the devil too many times to be afraid of the darkness." She tilted her head downwards and  stubbed her cigarette out on the ashtray.