Chapter V

It's been almost a month since the last day I've seen the Professor. Tapos na din iyong mga sketches na gawa ko. Right now, it's on the head directors for evaluation and the results is still pending.

Whoever's sketches won, it will be displayed along the hallways of the University along with the grandprize of half million to those artist. There will be two winners, and the rest will have consolation prize.

"Tingin mo babalik pa si Ms. Celestial?" Narinig kong bulong ng kaklase ko.

"I don't know. She just disappeared without a trace. No one knows where she went and why." Sagot naman ng isa ko pang ka klase.

I could only sigh which made Maia looked at me in pity. She knows I'm feeling down ever since that event and how it had taken its toll on me. Knowing she's engaged is one thing but with her disappearance? It's a whole lot to take in.

Ang nasa isip ko na lamang ay baka nagpakasal na ito kaya ito nawala. Akala ko pa naman ay onti-onti ko ng nababasag yung barrier na. I thought I'm already in a process of knowing her better and that I had actually a chance with her.

Although, she made it clear that I'm her student and she is my professor.

It's too early to get my heart broken when we had nothing going on except those hot kisses even though I just stole most of it.

"Okay. You may all go now." It was Ms.  Santillan. She filled in for Ms. Celestial's absence.

"Let's go, Car." Yaya sa akin ni Maia. Sumama naman ako dahil wala ng dahilan upang magpa iwan pa dito.

I miss those times when I get to stay here after class with our one on one session.

Lumipas ang mga araw na siya ang laging laman ng aking isip. I always wander around, lagi akong naglalagi sa mini forest kung saan madalas kaming magkita in hopes that a miracle could happen and she will magically appear right behind me.

I often go to her condo unit too, pero araw-araw akong bigo.

I'm like a hopeless romantic stalker now.

Madami dami din ang nangyari sa mga nagdaang mga araw. Maliban sa mga activities ay may mga oras ding sumasama ako kay Maia upang maglibang at mawala sa isip ko ang Propesora.

But still, at the end of the day, she will occupy my mind. Pero habang tumatagal ay parang nawawalan ako ng pag asang babalik pa siya.

Maybe she went home and got married. Maybe she decided that it's best to stay there. Maybe she does believed in love again.

Who knows?

I hope she'll come back soon.

Habang naglalakad kami sa hallway ay natigilan ako. I halted and sniffed.

"Just what the fuck are you doing?" Maia asked dumbfounded, her tone was high.

"Wait." I raised my hand to stop her. She just looked side by side and then back to me. Her eyes were wide in confusion.

I know that smell...

Para na siguro akong nababaliw dito sa kaka singhot sa ere. I turned to the corner where that smell of perfume disappeared. Wala namang tao dun, just some students walking.

Nahihibang na nga ba ako?

Is this because I missed her so much that my senses are playing tricks on me now?

I know it's her perfume.

"Nata-tanga ka na ba?" Tanong ni Maia sa likod ko.

"Tara na." I said, ignoring her teasing tone.