Lies

Excitement flows through my veins, never have I ever been this excited and happy. Sure finding my mate, I was excited and over the moon, I knew he would give me everything I could ever ask for, just because he loves me, and wanted me like I wanted him. I knew my life would be great after finding my mate.

No one has ever been as happy as I am at this very moment. How could I not be, my mate has even me what we have worked so hard for, what we both wanted, needed.

With the pictures grasp in my right hand to my chest, I ignore the calls for me not to go upstairs. Usually I listen, but I needed to see my mate. I have to tell him!

A hand lands on my shoulders, stopping me in my tracks just as I reach the stairs.

"I wouldn't go up there Luna." The beta's voice reaches my ears. Glancing back at him I see the plea in his deep brown eyes. Not thinking anything of it, I kiss his cheek.

"I have to tell Haythem!" the excitement in my voice brings my mate's parents and the others that are in the house.

Their eyes, disappointment and sad. What could be so sad about me going upstairs.

"I need to tell Haythem quickly, he'll love the news I have." The smile never leaving my lips. You'll think that I'll take Their warning looks but they are always like this, usually I'll listen, but Haythem needs to know.

"He needs to know." Haythem's mother, Anea, takes my left hand and squeezes. "Go on."

Pecking her cheek, I take the stairs two at a time. I need to go up three flights of stairs.

Reaching the double doors of our bedroom, the smell of sex is thick in the air.

Moaning of a woman and the thumping of a bed hitting the walls reaches my ears.

Taking small steps towards the double doors, my breathing hitches, as I pray to the moon goddess that what I'm hearing isn't what is happening behind those closed doors.
Clinching the pictures in my shaking right hand, I push the doors open a crack not making any noises.

What I see shatters my heart and my wolf into tiny little pieces.

My mate, my Haythem, is on top of a woman, thrusting inside of her as she moans and he groans in pleasure. Sweat coats their bodies, as they move together.

Not being about to hear or see anymore, I close the door quietly. Bringing my left hand to my mouth, I bite down on the knuckles to keep the scream from passing my lips.

I didn't realize a picture slipped through my fingers as I lean against the wall.

So this is why the pack would keep me away from upstairs at certain hours of the day. To keep their Alpha King from getting caught.

I should of seen the warning signs, the glanced some of the women of the packs would give my mate, the showers before bed, the room being heavily dowsed in air freshener.

It explains everything.

Biting down on my knuckles, I run down the flights of stairs, the pack is waiting at the bottom of the stairs.

When I see them, a sob escapes my lips knowing they were all in on it. I thought they were my friends, that they cared for me.

They part like the red sea as I take off at a run. Pushing my way through the door, I run to my camaro, glad that I always keep my keys with my wallet in my pocket.

Fumbling with my keys, for my eyes are cloudy with tears. I open the door and put the keys into the ignition.

Reversing, I pull out of the gates, I have to get away, I can't live there anymore. Not after that. Not after all the lies.

He never loved me, he just needed me to become King, and to create a strong heir for the throne.

It was lies.

All lies.

Now I have to pay for it with my heart and unborn child.