Deserving

My father once told me everyone, after seeing the error of their ways, deserves a second chance. I share the same belief, to an extent. If a person commits murder, he is to be executed, a life for a life. Now if a person steals, cheats, lies, of course they deserve a second chance.

But does Haythem deserve a second chance?

I know I'm at fault too, I should have seen the drug use, the scents, the symptoms of depression, should of seen him not being ready for me. But, there's two sides to a coin. Haythem should of rejected me, told me his frustration, his wants, his needs. I would of told him, even if it hurt me, that I would wait for him, because it's the truth. I cannot lie to myself. When I found him, I was obsessed with him the moment I saw him and my wolf growled mate.

I would have waited as long as he wanted.......

God, I was so pathetic and still am for letting him get to me, for letting him weasel his way back into my head.

Yet, I can't help it, I can't bring myself to hate him. Even before he told me, even before I came back, even before I had my son, even before I ran and after I ran.

I love him, he's the other half of my soul. The one the goddess picked out just for me. And I will always love him.

I will give him a second chance, he deserves it, not as my mate though, but as the father of my son.

I'll give him a chance.

"Haythem, I'll give you a second." A smile stretch across his face, breaking it in two. He goes to hug me, but I hold my hand up, stopping his movements.
"But I wont give you a second chance at being my mate. You lost the chance to be my mate, my lover, my everything. Now all you are is the father of my son."

I connect our eyes and see his face fall and crumble into despair at my words. "We can be friends, but that's all Haythem. I know I should of seen the signs, but there's no point in saying what you should of done, it won't change anything."

My words break off and like a tidal wave of agony, Haythem nods before standing and rushing out of the room.
I don't follow him, knowing he needs time to himself, and with him going that way, I go the other to find the one person I should have never pulled away from.

I'm a damn fool!

Why am I like this? I never see what's in front of me! Am I so blind that I would let someone like Connor go?

He's the greatest, I love everything about him! I love the twitch of his nose when he's thinking, how he gets so engrossed in the books he reads, how he reddens in embarrassment that so easily done, how he chews his bottom lip when bored........

I, I have to find him!

He needs to know I love him! That he's the only one for me, that I want him and no one else.

And as I race through the halls, my mind reels memories of us together, of how he makes me feels, of how he treated me....

I'm a fool!

A damn fool!

As I mentally shove my foot up my assignment, my body slams into another, taking both our bodies to the floor in a heap of limbs.

I know it's Connor from his scent and the curvature of his body. Without hesitation, I press my lips against his soft and warm ones.

"I'm stupid and I know I am. Connor, I want you, not him. Please forgive me even though I don't des...." Lips Connect to shut my rambling.

Breaking away from me, Connor pulls me tightly against him. "You know what this means right?"

I shake my head in confusion. "I'm gonna make you my husband."

I raise a brow. "That's not your proposal is it?"

"Hell no! Give me a few days to think of something." He mumbles into my hair.

I don't respond, content with being wrapped around him on the floor in a heap of limbs. And for the first time in a long time, I'm truly happy, truly content with Connor.

And I can't wait to see what our lives together from here on out will be like.